Uefa Champions League Draw

andykeenan

Boring draw.

If everything goes according to plan UEFA will have the 4 teams they want in the semi's

City, Real, Barca, Bayern avoid each other. Quelle surprise .

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, sne said:

Boring draw.

If everything goes according to plan UEFA will have the 4 teams they want in the semi's

City, Real, Barca, Bayern avoid each other. Quelle surprise .

Strikes me that these things are rigged. Also, the worst thing to happen to football is the concept of seeding, whether this is in club or international settings. It's designed to ensure the 'big'/ most marketable clubs get to the latter stages. There's something very 'anti-sport' about modern day football.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Strikes me that these things are rigged. Also, the worst thing to happen to football is the concept of seeding, whether this is in club or international settings. It's designed to ensure the 'big'/ most marketable clubs get to the latter stages. There's something very 'anti-sport' about modern day football.

Agreed.

I've no problem with seedings in group stages, but in knock out games it is just a blatand way of ensuring the big names get the draw they want.

A side thing is that Barcelona almost always get the deciding game at home in these "draws" When I checked this a few years back it was something like 80-90% percent of the time they had this.

They didn't this time thou which is a bit surprising.

i dont know about boring, seville vs bayern should be a good game as should juve vs madrid, its missing utd, psg, atletico madrid who would make the draw look more attractive 

liverpool vs city will be a massive hype job

the semis on paper do line up perfectly though

This is the stage where champions league gets boring. 

Madrid, Barcelona, City, and Bayern for the semis. Maybe some deviation in there, but it will always be the same 4-5 teams in the semis every single year. 

Just now, villa89 said:

For me it's when the competition starts. The group phase is the height of tedium

At least in the group phase there is a chance a surprise team might emerge, or a big club might mess up. You also see a variety of clubs and playing styles. I am sick of watching madrid to be honest. 

30 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

At least in the group phase there is a chance a surprise team might emerge, or a big club might mess up.

That pretty much never happens though, it's just a boring procession for the big clubs and any smaller club that gets through usually gets knocked out in the last 16.

Don't underestimate Juventus against Madrid either.

I kind of want to see City win it. Just so Yaya Toure, Silva and Aguero, even Kompany get some recognition for the work they've put in.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Don't underestimate Juventus against Madrid either.

I kind of want to see City win it. Just so Yaya Toure, Silva and Aguero, even Kompany get some recognition for the work they've put in.

Why would anybody want Yaya Toure to get recognition. He just a mercenary

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why would anybody want Yaya Toure to get recognition. He just a mercenary

Love Yaya Toure, absolute gem of a player and has been integral to City slowly becoming a dominant force.

Â