Pre match thread

roonst83

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Whelan is a better defensive midfielder than Jedinak - he's dreadful, but Jedinak has fallen off a cliff this season, he's gone, done, over.

Up front on his own I'd take Davis over Hogan every time - neither of them score goals which is a big problem, but Davis does at least give you something to aim at.

Again. Respect your opinion but i disagree. Whelan is the one thats fallen off a cliff. 3 mistakes leading directly to goals. Jedinak was poor at CB.. but thats not his position. If he has legs around him.. which he does.. he will do his job no problems. 

Hogan played upfront on his own for Brentford and scored plenty for them. Was all about giving him the supply. Davis is not a goal scorer.. wont ever work as a lone striker. Needs 442 or 433 formation. 

• Like 2

Lets face it. Whatever team he picks hes wrong. Taylor offers nothing going forward and is suspect in the air correct call. Whelan is terrible - correct call. Davis doesn't look like scoring ( I may have picked him for his height). Onomahsbest games are when he pushes on and closes down. 

Not the worst team. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're not going to be stupid enough to be putting the ball in the air for Hogan are we?

I feel this may get quoted in the match thread at about 15:14 :P

Just feel with pressure mounting Bruce will completely implode this could be a bad bad afternoon not just a defeat but Bruce completely losing it. He' already made his barebones comment he will know doubt elaborate a bit more later. Stay strong guys and girls put crash helmets on and sit tight lol

Dropping Grealish is a totally diabolical decision. He's totally lost it, our only spark of creativity comes from him. 

Snodgrass who has been totally awful is in the team. 

It's like he's just taking the piss now. 

• Like 2

I know this sort of (play the kids) post often (and mostly wrongly) gets trotted out when teams are struggling for form. But i think one of our big issues for a couple of years now has been a lack of energy, certainly in the middle of the park. 

For this reason i would love to see Doyle-Hayes, O'hare and even RHM get a run out. 

Something needs to change with our style of play, maybe the kids could give us a bit more impetus?

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Dropping Grealish is a totally diabolical decision. He's totally lost it, our only spark of creativity comes from him. 

Snodgrass who has been totally awful is in the team. 

It's like he's just taking the piss now. 

Its Bruce all over. It may well be a diabolical decision but hand on heart, did it surprise you?

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Assombalongalongalonga and Gestede against Chester and Elphick will be difficult - it's perhaps the only excuse for picking Jedinak - you never lose your height do you?

Very difficult. I think Johnstone needs to be a bit more commanding today otherwise it could be panic stations in the 18 yard box. 

Pulis will have instructed his team to get the ball in the box at every opportunity.

Just now, villan501 said:

Bruce team selection is brough to you by camelot what Bruce does is put players names into a computer and hits "lucky dip" I absolutely so want him gone

I'd prefer it if he did that. 

Its more like defensive players in 1 bag, attackers in another, then he randomly picks 9 balls from tbe bag marked D and 1 from the bag marked A. 

3 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/injury-update-bad-news-aston-13417286

Great to see Bruce's masterplan centered around Grealish is working. By benching him when we need him the most. :crylaugh:

Look, it's easy to make Bruce look like an idiot by highlighting things that he says or does, but...Actually, I've lost where I was going with that.

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Running around in circles before not passing & then giving the ball away isn't really that creative

I was talking about Grealish? I am not sure to which player you are referring with that description.