Pre match thread

roonst83

Surely Davis and Taylor have to be injured? No way you would drop Taylor and if Davis isn't injured you're killing his confidence by not having him on the bench at least. 

I understand Whelan being dropped completely though. But, to pick Onomah over Grealish is insane. 

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Pulis has wasted no time in putting 6 foot 3 centre back Ryan Shotton to full back. They are a big physical team and will be a threat at set pieces especially with our small centre backs and only Jedinak providing any size in the team.

You forgot to mention our jittery keeper on crosses 

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Pulis has wasted no time in putting 6 foot 3 centre back Ryan Shotton to full back. They are a big physical team and will be a threat at set pieces especially with our small centre backs and only Jedinak providing any size in the team.

Yep that as always what pulis was going to do. Very predictable. Hoofball won't work today. Playing it in the floor and having pace is what will win it for us today if we intend to win.

Whelan Taylor and Davis are sick. Blessing in disguise imo. 

A midfield trio of Hourihane Jedinak and Onomah is what ive wanted for a while. Grealish doesnt work hard enough and 90% of the time he plays.. we lose. Passenger. Overrated passenger. Off the bench is his best position for impact. 

Bit worried about the defence but i think that team is good enough to get a point. I hope one or two of RHM Doyle Hayes and Ohare get a run out. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Surely Davis and Taylor have to be injured? No way you would drop Taylor and if Davis isn't injured you're killing his confidence by not having him on the bench at least. 

I understand Whelan being dropped completely though. But, to pick Onomah over Grealish is insane. 

Taylor was benched recently while Hutton started left back ,  maybe he wants Jedi today and whelan on Monday - as for Davis he was so poor last week that he cannot complain 

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'll put my head on the chopping block. Hate me if you will..... but part of me hopes the result means Bruce's out the door.

I accept the hate coming my way-_-

I'm with you....its painful to say, but for one of the first times in my life i want Villa to lose if it means this dinosaur gets the sack

Just now, imavillan said:

I'm with you....its painful to say, but for one of the first times in my life i want Villa to lose if it means this dinosaur gets the sack

If it meant the axe then yes , but I’m not sure they will act before Monday’s game 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Personally, I think all three are better than the players that are playing instead of them today.

Whelan better than any of the three in midfield? no way. I can accept an argument for the other two even though i disagree.  Taylor is marginally better than Hutton. Both cant defend and offer sweet f all in attack. Davis over Hogan.. Not yet.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

Bruce is a utter idiot he should have jedi Jack and Connor what the fck has Jack done to be dropped I'm done with this Bruce lark he can go now totally outta his depth.

what has he done exactly? Onomah has four goals and an assist or two. Grealish waddles on the ball.. and has provided nothing. Looks pretty doing it.. no real impact. Bit like a Ferrari without an engine. I think off the bench he is better coming on against tiring defenders. Although i agree about the first part. 

Edited by KSV

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You're not surprised to see our third best right back at right back, or our best right back at left back, or a striker who has proved unable to play up front on his own playing up front on his own?

Your question requires me to agree on your appraisals of our players... which I don't. But you're right that Hutton as LB is a surprise to me too.

Selecting Elmo is fine, and Hogan just has to play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He really knows how to fill you with confidence 

Just sums him up that' his losing speech right there. Excuse excuse excuse just be gone Steve kebab shop needs a delivery driver.

Edited by villan501

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

Whelan better than any of the three in midfield? no way. I can accept an argument for the other two even though i disagree.  Taylor is marginally better than Hutton. Both cant defend and offer sweet f all in attack. Davis over Hogan.. Not yet.. 

Whelan is a better defensive midfielder than Jedinak - he's dreadful, but Jedinak has fallen off a cliff this season, he's gone, done, over.

Up front on his own I'd take Davis over Hogan every time - neither of them score goals which is a big problem, but Davis does at least give you something to aim at.