Pre match thread

roonst83

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

Gestede and Downing start for Boro with Traore as a substitute.

That's at least 3 goals we'll concede then going by the former player rule.

We got Adomah for that one back, Brucie knows his stuff ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

How does omamah start ahead of Grealish , the link up between hogan and jack was our best hope of creativity . 

Like I said, clearly Bruce wasn't happy with both of them playing football towards the end of the first half and cut that shit out in the second.

Football? Passing? Moving? Nah, it is all about being physical, competing(whatever the **** that means) and hitting the channels.

• Like 1

I actually quite like this side.

Davis & Whelan both need a rest so leaving them at home makes sense today.

Give both Onomah and Jedinak 45 minutes to step up their game and then introduce Grealish second half against a tired defence.

Really want to see RHM today, I think he could make an impact.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Like I said, clearly Bruce wasn't happy with both of them playing football towards the end of the first half and cut that shit out in the second.

Football? Passing? Moving? Nah, it is all about being physical, competing(whatever the **** that means) and hitting the channels.

Grealish showed signs of linking with hogan and Bruce decides to drop him to bench ffs - hopefully defeat here will see him gone 

• Like 1

I'd have Grealish over Onomah - both on form and quality - but Onomah isn't bad.

I'm not a fan of Elmohamady - and whilst Hutton has proved a capable left back, I'd prefer Taylor who I think has been in good form.

I'll be quite happy to never see Jedinak again - but it's good to see Doyle-Hayes on the bench.

Hogan up front on his own doesn't work - neither does Hogan up front with Onomah behind him - we've gathered quite a body of evidence for this.

Overall, I think I agree with six of those selections and one of those is the keeper - I do hope you know what you're doing Mr Bruce.

• Like 1

Just now, wilko154 said:

Give both Onomah and Jedinak 45 minutes to step up their game and then introduce Grealish second half against a tired defence.

I think RHM could too, it's about time he had an opportunity in the first team

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

RHM has hardly kicked  a ball in anger - let’s hope he doesn’t get injured again ,  o hare should start ahead of onomah and de laet a better right back option 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Onomah instead of Grealish the only surprise in the starting line up.

You're not surprised to see our third best right back at right back, or our best right back at left back, or a striker who has proved unable to play up front on his own playing up front on his own?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

You're not surprised to see our third best right back at right back, or our best right back at left back, or a striker who has proved unable to play up front on his own playing up front on his own?

Wouldn’t rate Hutton as our best right back - surely de laet or Bree would offer more 

I'll put my head on the chopping block. Hate me if you will..... but part of me hopes the result means Bruce's out the door.

I accept the hate coming my way-_-

Edited by Villan_of_oz
If we lose I hope it's 4-0 not 1-0, Im on the cans...