Racism

Brumerican

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You can't even scream abuse and post dog turds through a black family's letterbox these days without the bloody PC brigade whinging about it. 

You can grab a white kid in Walsall and beat the shit out of him in the back of a van though just because he was white. 

Yeah didn't think you had heard about it. Not many people have. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You can grab a white kid in Walsall and beat the shit out of him in the back of a van though just because he was white. 

What does that have to do with political correctness?

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

9c9.gif

Please explain the point to me. 

Did you know that if somebody thinks certain areas of Political correctness is not only ineffective, it actually hinders attempts to eradicate racism.

It doesn't make them an uneducated, Sun reading, Brexit voting racist. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Please explain the point to me. 

Did you know that if somebody thinks certain areas of Political correctness is not only ineffective, it actually hinders attempts to eradicate racism.

It doesn't make them an uneducated, Sun reading, Brexit voting racist. 

I’m interested in this. I’d like to understand which areas of political correctness are ineffective and hinder attempts to eradicate racism, and ideally how they hinder it, if you could explain. Maybe I’m daft, or unaware, but to me PC is basically being polite and respectful to everyone, treating people with fairness.

are you thinking of things like positive discrimination? If so , then yeah, there’s perhaps something in it, though if used sensitively then there’s also an argument that the benefits outweigh the negatives. So, could you explain, please?  Ta.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

?

There are so why the winky face?

Theres sign in a part of Lozzels that says no whites after 9! 

Vive, I stuck the winky face on as I'd heard it off some half-wit president and I seem to remember the sense of humour of good brummie folk saw him off. Perception is real even when it's not reality and all that.

A friend of ours in who lives in London said recently that "since Brexit I've felt loads less safe". So we asked her why? what had changed? what had happened? She said "Oh nothing really and nothing's happened I just feel less safe".

If I put a sign up at the end of my road tomorrow, does that make it a no go area for whoever I've aimed it at?

On the point of anti-white racism - of course people of all kinds can be racist. Racism affects human beings so we all have the ability or propensity within us wherever our genes come from. So obviously there will be racists of all colours. Doesn't matter whether it's black power, white power or anything in between, it's all rubbish based on a human concept of superiority which doesn't exist in reality. However what is real is the world we have created. We would do well as a society to pay more attention to the reality than any perception of it we experience through the media or in our own bubbles.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

I’m interested in this. I’d like to understand which areas of political correctness are ineffective and hinder attempts to eradicate racism, and ideally how they hinder it, if you could explain. Maybe I’m daft, or unaware, but to me PC is basically being polite and respectful to everyone, treating people with fairness.

are you thinking of things like positive discrimination? If so , then yeah, there’s perhaps something in it, though if used sensitively then there’s also an argument that the benefits outweigh the negatives. So, could you explain, please?  Ta.

It feels like everybody is so scared of saying the wrong thing and being labelled a racist that we are unable to really be ourselves anymore and try and learn about each others cultures or deal with diversity issues openly. Instead just avoid them.  

Maybe it's not PC that I have an issue with. It just sometimes feels like we've moved so far forward now that campaigns to eradicate things like racism toward non whites just makes people feel like a victim and gives racism the attention it does not deserve. 

Racism should be an issue that affects all people and not just non whites. It should be dealt with that way.

Sorry I'm finding it difficult to express where I'm coming from. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How hard is it to not say something racist? I never feel like I can't be myself for fear that I might be called racist... because I never say racist shit. If anyone ever feels this way, maybe it's not political correctness' fault? Just a thought.

Racism is an issue that affects non-whites significantly more than it affects whites due to the power structures in place and the efforts to keep them there. It's just how it is. It doesn't affect everybody equally, I'm sorry to say.

Racism deserves all the attention it can get. We have moved forward, but nowhere near enough. A member of a white supremacists group just killed 17 of his classmates today. Black men are routinely shot to death by the very entity employed by the government to protect them, and are demonized by their own president for silently protesting it. These issues far outweigh being called a honky or being told that maybe you shouldn't say offensive things. 

You're talking about America and far bigger issues than the ones I'm alluding to.

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Consider the last few hundred years of history. Genocide, slavery, imperial exploitation, supression of culture, apartheit, segregation, lynchings, church bombings, 'no coloureds', Enoch Powell, Bernard Manning, the NF/BNP/Britain First (cont. p. 94)... and of course, petty bullying and name calling. All perpetrated by white people on brown people. 

Then consider some petty bullying and name calling, perpetrated by brown people on white people. Well, it's just as bad, it's exactly the same thing, isn't it? 

No. It. Is. Not. 

It's not the last few 200 years though is it?

We've moved forward to such an extent that in my eyes if people in this country still feel that racism can only be towards non whites than we've still got a big racism problem. 

When it's accepted that racism effects everybody in this country then we can be deemed equal. Until then it's still the poor brown people are suffering from racism. Lets protect them. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's not the last few 200 years though is it?

We've moved forward to such an extent that in my eyes if people in this country still feel that racism can only be towards non whites than we've still got a big racism problem. 

When it's accepted that racism effects everybody in this country then we can be deemed equal. Until then it's still the poor on boot people are suffering from racism. Lets protect them. 

No one thinks that though Vive

• Thanks 1