Match Thread: Derby v Villa

limpid

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

They indeed are, but with this manager it is no suprise most now look like they have lost the will to play.

Well, If the sensible thing to do is sack him.....I'm sure they will.

There's a case for saying that this has been a creditable performance in the midst of a dreadful injury crisis. I expect that case to be made after the game by the manager. I suspect it won't be greeted well.

I STILL think we can get something out of this.

Here comes Gabby.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

There is literally nothing to type about...

Let's play hang man..

- - - - -  - - - - -

.... **** it. It's obvious that the prick needs hung. 14 months in charge and £30m pissed up and this is what we get delivered to us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Promotion hopes dying right in front of our eyes the last few weeks. Depressing stuff. 

It hasn't really died in the last few weeks, it's just become more evident in last few weeks. The fans optimism has been tied to our results rather than a reflection of our actual performances or the standard of opposition.

We've had a kind set of fixtures and we played, ok at best. Results went our way and we climbed the table. But now we've played some proper teams our true position as become more evident. This has not surprised me one iota.

We beat or draw rubbish teams (Blues, Millwall etc), we lose or draw with middle of the league teams, we get smashed by promotiin chasers. We just aren't very good. I can't think of many good performances, regardless of result or opposition.

We won't go up, but 6th feels like we'd have exceeded my expectations  (not hopes) at this stage.

• Like 4

I am not watching the game.....but I could almost write the script of it, knowing the line -up.

but I wouldn't know who to choose under the circumstances.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

We are the problem, not the opposition.

Quite. We've been moving the ball around nicely, but that's because Derby have been letting us knowing that they can drop 9 men back behind the ball and we'll be powerless to break them down. I'm always frustrated by how eager we are to play a safe backwards pass in an advanced position, but we've lacked a focal point up front and our players, as ever, seem static and unwilling to make runs. 

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Well this all makes for depressing reading 

Not as depressing as the shower of shit Bruce serves up week in week out.

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

It hasn't really died in the last few weeks, it's just become more evident in last few weeks. The fans optimism has been tied to our results rather than a reflection of our actual performances or the standard of opposition.

We've had a kind set of fixtures and we played, ok at best. Results went our way and we climbed the table. But now we've played some proper teams our true position as become more evident. This has not surprised me one iota.

We beat or draw rubbish teams (Blues, Millwall etc), we lose or draw with middle of the league teams, we get smashed by promotiin chasers. We just aren't very good. I can't think of many good performances, regardless of result or opposition.

We won't go up, but 6th feels like we'd have exceeded my expectations  (not hopes) at this stage.

Sadly.