Pre match chit chat

villa89

Hogan getting actual service from players like Grealish and Hourihane would be just the ticket. But I agree it's highly unlikely we would see that. Even less so after Bruce's comments about regretting making changes to a winning team for Millwall. expect to see us revert to the Leeds line-up with someone coming in for Samba.

When we played this fixture last season, Aug 2016, we drew 0-0... look at this god awful side that turned out!

Gollini

Bacuna.  Elphick. Chester. Cissokho

Ayew.  Westwood Gardner. Grealish

McCormack.  Gestede

(Gestede replaced by Kojak at 28mins!!)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

When we played this fixture last season, Aug 2016, we drew 0-0... look at this god awful side that turned out!

Gollini

McCormack.  Gestede

Jeez that is ugly

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Gollini

McCormack.  Gestede

:rant:

15 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Gollini

McCormack.  Gestede

Wow .... I'd almost forgotten how bad it was ...

On 12/10/2017 at 18:14, Grasshopper said:

We had a backup team of

Steer

Bree RDL Samba (nobody for Taylor)

Elmo Lyden O‘Hare Grealish

McC Hogan

That XI (with Taylor or even Thor at LB) could hold its own in this league - Not expected to beat Wolves, But Millwall and the majority of the rest. (Not playing Bruce-Ball may I point out). Used correctly (as sub or start) we could be comfortable in using them.

No it really couldn't... 

That team would currently be battling relegation with Blues

• Like 1

MUST WIN - Nothing else can possibly be acceptable after the failure of the last 2 games (and the season so far).

I don't care whether we do it with an own goal, or Bruce playing 11 in defence or 11 in attack, or Bruce coming on the pitch himself as player-manager.

I predict a very dull draw though.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Gollini

McCormack.  Gestede

Bruce Out. 

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2017 at 15:47, Czechlad said:

86d182befc63885c2cb41c721b480e47.png

I would like to see this, but there is no way Bruce changes it up. I fully expect to see the same starting XI except Hourihane for Lansbury. 

Literally read my mind. Perfect line up.

On 11/12/2017 at 15:47, Czechlad said:

86d182befc63885c2cb41c721b480e47.png

I would like to see this, but there is no way Bruce changes it up. I fully expect to see the same starting XI except Hourihane for Lansbury. 

I think Elmo should return now. Hutton has had his good run and looks ready to turn to shit again. 

Also think Samba is injured.  Also not sure how disciplined Onomah would be in that role.

On 10/12/2017 at 18:14, Grasshopper said:

Steer

Bree RDL Samba (nobody for Taylor)

Elmo Lyden O‘Hare Grealish

McC Hogan

That XI (with Taylor or even Thor at LB) could hold its own in this league - Not expected to beat Wolves, But Millwall and the majority of the rest

GH I agree with a lot of what you say but this is just being silly.

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Ladies & Gentlemen of the forum

After this Derby game, Brace yourselves for 6th with Leeds 1pt behind us and Boro 2pts behind us

I honestly do see where you are coming from and it is hard not to agree with you.

Like me you have witnessed the same shit for too long and reality is too hard to ignore.

I also agree with many other posters positive team line ups for this game and on paper we should be taking 3 points from this game and ripping up this league.

The reality of it for me is sadly the reality and that this squad on paper is led by a very hot and cold manager.

I think we have the potential to spring a suprise and nick this only marginally by no more than a goal.

It could be one where Derby have 46 shots on target and 76% possession over the entire game and score 1 goal, - Villa have 24% possession, 2 shots on target and 2 goals.

However, my heart tells me don't count on it and Derby win 4-0 and it's a keep out the Steve Bruce thread to you all.

As things stand. Things could go either way and it is just so unpredictable.

We must get a minimum of 1 pt from this game however scrappy, whatever the line up and I am going to say this game will end as..

220px-TutuCOP17.JPG

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1