Pre match chit chat

villa89

Just now, DCJonah said:

Because he isn't a lone, central forward. 

Hey, it might work a treat and full credit if it does but it seems a poor decision at this point..

Yeah but Gabby and Hogan must be so far from match fitness. I understand the concern but I genuinely think Adomah will lead the line better than Hogan, but I think Hogan is shit so. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

But he's scored goals from out wide. What has that got to do with playing central? If there is nothing to suggest he won't do a good job there why has he never played there for us before?

The way i remember most of his goals they have come from him being in the box. Not necessarily from being out wide. Your second point I think you could answer yourself. 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

None of the squad being played to their strengths and more white stick football from Bruce it appears playing a 5-5-0 formation away from home with players just stuck anywhere? He really is just fumbling in the dark.

Lets maybe see how things pan out before going nuts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah but Gabby and Hogan must be so far from match fitness. I understand the concern but I genuinely think Adomah will lead the line better than Hogan, but I think Hogan is shit so. 

Based on today and being left on the bench and not a recognised striker on the pitch he must be sold in January.

What a waste of money pissed up the wall by Brucie.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

None of the squad being played to their strengths and more white stick football from Bruce it appears playing a 5-5-0 formation away from home with players just stuck anywhere? He really is just fumbling in the dark.

Where on earth have you got 5-5-0 from? 

2 minutes ago, dappadan said:

The way i remember most of his goals they have come from him being in the box. Not necessarily from being out wide. Your second point I think you could answer yourself. 

Well that is a very simple way of looking at it. Will he get the same space in the box being the central focus point? Will he get the same service being the central focus point? It's a completely different role for him and the team. 

Saying, well he scored some goals in the box ignore a lot of other issues for the position. 

I'm not saying it won't work, we will have to wait and see but it doesn't fill me with confidence. 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can't understand the reactions in this thread, we have an injury crisis up front, let's just wait and see before criticising 

We have 2 forwards on the bench. While clearly not fully fit, being on the bench means they are fit enough to play some part in the game. 

• Like 2

I like it better as a 4-1-5 than a 4-1-4-1 with Adomah up front - I think the five have enough about them to play the ball about and do things - they're all capable of getting into the box and making something happen - I think if e put Adomah up top it makes it a little bit simpler for defenders, we sacrifice one of the five and give them a focal point.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Don't get me wrong, if Bruce pulls of 3 pts then it will be miraculous with this selection and I will stand corrected, but I think we might be lucky to even hope for a draw.

I will give benefit where it is due.

Im actually quite interested to see what Anomah can offer up front. 

Always think him and Davis are quite similar, maybe this could solve a big problem?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well that is a very simple way of looking at it. Will he get the same space in the box being the central focus point? Will he get the same service being the central focus point? It's a completely different role for him and the team. 

Saying, well he scored some goals in the box ignore a lot of other issues for the position. 

I'm not saying it won't work, we will have to wait and see but it doesn't fill me with confidence. 

Likewise I am not saying it will work. There are just lots of questions that nobody knows the answer to until we see it.