Crystal Palace

NurembergVillan

Honestly, reading his tweet I actually thought he was going to be telling the truth. That kind of thing can happen.

But **** hell. It couldn't be more blatant.

I'd have way more respect for him if he just said something like "I'd had a few drinks and thought I was being funny. Obviously I was wrong, it's not funny at all, I don't condone any views associated with the gesture, and I apologise to anyone who is offended"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Had a quick look on some Crystal Palace forums to see what the reaction has been. Full of ‘PC gone mad’ and ‘snowflakes getting offended’ type views. They seem a lovely bunch. Anyway, fairly obviously a pretty unfunny joke and a ridiculous response instead of holding his hands up and apologising.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I read his tweet first and thought maybe he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Then I saw the picture 😂

me too hahaha what a clearing in the woods

5NJJm3k.jpg

And of course, he did this as a reaction to the Spurs fans who were annoyed at him for almost killing Jurgen Klinsmann in what is easily the worst foul anybody has ever completely gotten away with.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

5NJJm3k.jpg

And of course, he did this as a reaction to the Spurs fans who were annoyed at him for almost killing Jurgen Klinsmann in what is easily the worst foul anybody has ever completely gotten away with.  

Remember this well.

At the time Bosnich was my absolute hero. And I was too young to understand at all how bad a gesture like that was, let alone doing it to Spurs fans. So I remember wondering what all the fuss was about :D 

I've never seen a clip of the foul on Klinsmann. But seen pictures and heard about it. Sounded like an absolute shocker.

Edited by Stevo985

Meh, a still photo rarely tells half the story. 

It's like that one of Prince William doing the rounds, from the side you'd be certain he's sticking his middle finger up at someone/something, front on you see that he's signalling 3 to somebody.....all about perspective. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've never seen a clip of the foul on Klinsmann. But seen pictures and heard about it. Sounded like an absolute shocker.

doesnt seem to be any footage of it

from what i remember it was kind of like the schumacher challenge but not as cynical (the schumacher challenge is right up there in dirty tackles for me) but due to the way bosnich jumped at an incredible height and led with his knee it was far more dangerous, klinsmann was watching the ball and bosnich took everything, smashed him head first with his knee and klinsmann didnt brace himself for contact at all (which is partly what made it so horrible) it was very naughty

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

doesnt seem to be any footage of it

from what i remember it was kind of like the schumacher challenge but not as cynical (the schumacher challenge is right up there in dirty tackles for me) but due to the way bosnich jumped at an incredible height and led with his knee it was far more dangerous, klinsmann was watching the ball and bosnich took everything, smashed him head first with his knee and klinsmann didnt brace himself for contact at all (which is partly what made it so horrible) it was very naughty

If I remember I dont think it was a foul either, think was an offside or for some reason was a free out. Was a horror tackle

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's like that one of Prince William doing the rounds, from the side you'd be certain he's sticking his middle finger up at someone/something, front on you see that he's signalling 3 to somebody.....all about perspective. 

Total storm in a tea cup.

6 hours ago, The_Rev said:

5NJJm3k.jpg

Harald Schumacher says hello! 

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Total storm in a tea cup.

I think the story is his hilarious denial rather than the actual gesture. Like I said above, I reckon if he'd come out and straight up just apologised and said it was a badly judged joke then it would have been relatively ok.

But denying it just makes him look stupid.

Â