Crystal Palace

NurembergVillan

Unsurprisingly there was no Palace thread, such nonentities are they.

I thought it was worth starting one following the unveiling of the plans for the new Selhurst Park.  I actually quite like it, even if the video here contains some grandiose nonsense - including talk of it being the best atmosphere in the league...

I like them.  Apart from them being Villa junior (we directly helped to set them up back in the day, and they wore our colours for a while).  For some inexplicable reason, I have an inordinate amount of relatives who are Palace fans.  Bear in mind that in Ireland there are practically no Palace fans yet I'm related to 3 of them and one is married to someone with high-up links at the club.  So yeah, I'd like to see them do well, and they're now up to the dizzy heights of 18th under Woy, so it's not a lost cause yet.

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

decent club, fans seem OK, manager is a good guy and have a knack of getting results vs Liverpool and Chelsea ;)

Steve Parish is a dick though

Parish yes but I do like ex-chairman Simon Jordan on twitter.  Helps that he likes us too :)

Selhurst Park is a total dump, hasn't had a lick of paint since the 70s.

Surprised they're not going for a bigger capacity (40k) but guess they're pretty much a yo yo team and even though they've spent big last couple of years they're still battling relegation most seasons.

I think they are basically guaranteed for relegation. Can't score, and below average defensively is a terrible combination.

Middlesborough were strong defensively, but couldn't score and were relegated. You need to be able to get goals to escape relegation. 

44 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I think they are basically guaranteed for relegation. Can't score, and below average defensively is a terrible combination.

Middlesborough were strong defensively, but couldn't score and were relegated. You need to be able to get goals to escape relegation. 

They can score against teams around them, scored 2 v West Ham and Stoke.

They're picking up enough points now and are in the mix again.

Below average defensively? 1 goal conceded v Stoke, Brighton and West Brom in the last week. Plenty of teams are getting trashed by the Manchester clubs this season.

I think Palace will just do enough. Swansea are all but down, West Ham will follow as they have no away wins and won't win enough home games. Not sure on the third really, it's very hard to call.

Edited by VillaChris

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I don't think it's guaranteed at all.  West Brom, West Ham, Swansea, Newcastle, Huddersfield all worse than them since Woy took over.  They've 2 defeats in 8 games which includes a victory over Chelsea and are unbeaten in 4.  They MAY end up going down, but they're showing fight now and they've become hard to beat.

• 2 weeks later...
Â