• Onomah
    • Davis
    • Samba (Jedinak 25)
    • Elmohamady (Taylor 80)
    • Davis (Grealish 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/12/17 at 19:45

Really enjoyed that. There's a swagger starting to come into our performances to go along with the relative comfort of them. 

Long may Prince Albert reign.

The short highlights are mental by the way, I think they were put together by an Ipswich fan. We had another 2/3 good chances on top of those shown. Davis missed a one on one for example.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

Yay ! :)

Albert Adomah is the new Jonathan Kodjia !

And well done Blues and cheers! We're now just two points from Sheffield United. :) So now we just need Forest to help us tomorrow when they play Cardiff. Wolves are annoying though, aren't they? :huh: They're just not slipping up at all, ever. Booo :< Having said that, their next game's at Birmingham, so that could be interesting, being a derby away... come on Blues again!!!

Edited by robby b
  • Like 4

Great to win again, keeps us nicely in the mix as we near the half way point in the league. So much better being able to enjoy the weekends again after years of Villa putting a dampener on them. Happy days! :)

On a side note, Is it true that Albert reached ten league goals before sha this season?

• Like 1

Hopefully will see the crowds start to come back now, surprised there was only 30k there today.

On a side note, 2-0 up in the 92 minute and the crowd getting on players backs for passing backwards, retaining possession and for not taking pot shots from 25 yards.

Also, the mad bint next to me still spent most the game screaming for Whelan to come off, to get Jack on, for Bruce to change it from the 50th minute, to get Callum on, to go 4-4-2.

I tell you what, we have some right morons for fans.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I tell you what, we have some right morons for fans.

Most definitely this.

I'm not sure how some posters found it dull, it was a comfortable win with some decent footy played at times.

• Like 3

For the first time since O'Neill the Villa have a team playing together as 1 unit. Looked solid versus a tough championship team. I thought Whelan was superb today doing all the little things well. For 1 million that is  a bargain buy.  Albert is on fire- please don't get injured.  Long may this continue!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villadude said:

Most definitely this.

I'm not sure how some posters found it dull, it was a comfortable win with some decent footy played at times.

I agree... this is the Championship, the quality of the football isn’t that good really. We’re doing well, we’re not Barcelona but we don’t need to be.

• Like 2

They were very physical and sharp in the tackle.....we dealt with that very well, with Hutton and whelan leading our physical responses....with Albert showing the guile.

under the circumstances we acquited ourselves very well.

We are starting to look like a team comfortable with our league position......i think it is fair to reserve further judgment until we play the better teams, but we can only play who is in front of us.

lower teams are quite capable on their day of securing scalps, so all in all, we are obliged to be satisfied with recent results.

• Like 1

I was worried about this one in the build up to the game. Having watched both our game and Ipswich's game in midweek they definitely looked the better of the two sides and against much better opposition. They have good attacking players and I thought we were in for a really tough afternoon as I was certain Bruce would try and keep the same XI, which, barring the exclusion of Samba, he did. But we took control of the game and we're hungry and pressed well throughout. They came close a few times but they do have quality going forwards so that was expected but we controlled the midfield and when you do that you often take home all the points. This game capped off a terrific week with three wins for us and we showed a different type of performance in all three, which, I believe, is key in this league due to the variety of styles of play we come up against. Yesterday's game reminded me of Fulham at home where we took control, dealt with their threat and hurt them wth our great forward play. Albert simply loves a goal, plays with a smile on his face at all times and is on fire right now. Key difference to us playing well is also Davis. He held the ball up fantastically yesterday and brings others into play. He even had a few players on him tightly at times and still held up play well. When he's up for it and plays well then it makes a huge difference. Midweek showed me that he will have games where he is totally absent and almost invisible but he's still learning and is leading the front line for us as a 19 year old who is in his debut season, so that's to be expected. Very pleased with Davis overall. Was great how we saw the game out once we were two goals to the good. Again, in total contrast to midweek where we became sluggish and sloppy in possession once we were two up, yesterday we killed their threat, stifled any positive intent they had and out-possessed them whilst still pressing them up the park. 

A great week of three wins. Leeds away will be tough as always but I think we're playing with a system, shape and confidence now that means we can go there positively.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

:huh: Oh for goodness sake! Nottingham Forest 0  Cardiff 2, after 40 minutes.

Grrr, curse you Cardiff! : < And "curse you Penelope Pitstop!"

Come on Forest! Fight back! "Attack! Attack! Attack!", as someone often used to say on the Aston Villa website's live text commentary. In fact, that was usually the only thing he ever posted. ^_^ I think his name was George. 

Edited by robby b

Â