How optimistic are currently concerning transfers

bromsgrove_avfc

On a scale of 1 -10 how optimistic are currently concerning transfer activity  

108 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 -10 how optimistic are currently concerning transfer activity

• 1 - Suicidal were getting relagated for sure
    • 2 - Were stuck with what weve got relagation fight ahead
    • 3 - Nobody else coming in bottom half of the table
    • 4 - We've made 2 decent signings we'll hold mid table
    • 5 - No idea, I'll sit it out and pray
    • 6 - My heart says well spend a decent amount my gut says thats it
    • 7 - We'll get some additions in the Phillips mould of player
    • 8 - we'll see a couple of semi decent players come in the Malbranque mould
    • 9 - Malbranque/ Saha & Distin or equivilant
    • 10 - I saw owen and Lampard at Villa park trying their shirts on

I can't see us spending huge wodges of cash (over 10 mill) but I'm not worried as far as transfers only are concerned that Ellis being absent is a bad thing. Probably the opposite. Keeping Ellis as far away as poss from potential targets is a good thing.

The concern is that we won't do what is necessary, partially through lack of real will and partially because we're not that "competitive" in the transfer market.

Anyway, I clicked on 5 - l'll sit it out and pray

Nobody else coming in. Its like relegation to a small club... once your down in the league its too hard to attract players unless you love to spend loads on wages.

Middle table at most but bottom half next season i'm afraid.

9. I no this isn't the site to admit being an optimist but for the moment it makes my life happier. If we havnt signed 2 real quality players by August then it'll be 3. I'm stiil keeping the faith, how boring the summer must be for all the cynics, even if they do turn out to be right

I suspect that Ellis' incapacity isn't going to make the slightest difference as far as our summer transfer market performance goes - had he not been 'so cruelly stricken down' he would have embarrassingly and ostentatiously bungled his way through one or two amateurish transfer negotiations whilst talking in riddles to the media, with not the slightest intention of actually parting with big cash, and with not the slightest hope that any significant big-name players would be enticed to join us after listening to his deranged wittering about banana rationing and relegation clauses when the alternative is to join a slick and professional outfit elsewhere with unambiguous and grand ambitions for the future.

As it is whilst he is absent we are left with a bunch of no-marks and yes-men (and women), hopelessly inexperienced and unqualified for the task of aggressive modern-day contract negotiation for the simple reason that they have spent years skulking in the shadows of a man who insisted on controlling absolutely everything, however tangibly incompetent he was to do the job himself. Stride and co will spend the summer blinking in the spotlight that is suddenly upon them and wondering why agents and chairmen aren't returning their calls. And just in case they accidentally stumble into a positive opportunity which could ignite a fire and change the way we are perceived by the rest of the football world, there will always be the spectre of Ellis phoning from his hospital bed to remind them to slow down, stay calm, not doing anything rash, book themselves a well-earned golfing break, and do nothing til he is 'ready' to return.

Either way we would be destined to start the season with one or two more journeymen squad fillers, most of the promised millions still in the bank, our highest profile 'targets' settling in with their new pals at Everton, Newcastle, Boro and the Small Heath Dog and Duck, and a manager being asked yet again to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Mobile phones don't interfere with heart monitors do they?

• 4 years later...

A 4 year old thread.

When buying Malbranque represented a 9/10 optimism rating. And people are complaining we've bought Stewart Downing and are anticipating Europa League football next season.

A 4 year old thread.

When buying Malbranque represented a 9/10 optimism rating. And people are complaining we've bought Stewart Downing and are anticipating Europa League football next season.

Good find and so very true.

So far, 14 people who are being entirely unrealistic (3)

13 people who are being boring but sensible (5)

And 13 people who are being optimistic but generally realistic at the same time (8)

Sensational post Lexicon. Amazing.

It's a thread from 2005.

But even that is good enough for those whose only wish is to pass judgement on other posters.

So far, 14 people who are being entirely unrealistic (3)

13 people who are being boring but sensible (5)

And 13 people who are being optimistic but generally realistic at the same time (8)

Sensational post Lexicon. Amazing.

It's a thread from 2005.

But even that is good enough for those whose only wish is to pass judgement on other posters.

:lol: :oops:

Ooops.

Epic fail there, Lex.

Taxi!

Â