January transfer window 2018

Jareth

22 minutes ago, villa82 said:

We have missed a striker for two months, if we don't sign/loan someone before the Forest game your quote is no joke.

We plainly can't get anybody, otherwise we would......we have known about the striker position for sometime now.

we have to rely on the returnees and the kids.

I would like to see the kids been given more of a chance.

We have a poor record of signing strikers anyway, so perhaps its a blessing in disguise.

I am more in favour of signing players when we are on a front foot as opposed to a back foot.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So is it now open or are there a few days into Jan before it opens? 

Open!

You are allowed to sign players now.

But players can not play on the same day they are registered.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

What if we want to sign januzaj on loan? 

Well then it get's complicated.

First you have to ask yourself, how old is Micah Richards? And then it's just a wall of red tape...

• Haha 2

Sam Johnstone is surely the priority, hopefully we can get an offer on Mcoremack or Elphick and get him signed up. One striker on loan too, just to be greedy, someone like Ings as I don't think we'll get anybody match ready. 

The last two performances from Elphick should secure his place in the squad until the summer at least. McCormack and RDL are probably the main candidates for moving on. Getting rid of Richards will be impossible at this stage, I wonder if there is any sort of insurance policy on footballers who need to be written off like him.

11 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

The last two performances from Elphick should secure his place in the squad until the summer at least. McCormack and RDL are probably the main candidates for moving on. Getting rid of Richards will be impossible at this stage, I wonder if there is any sort of insurance policy on footballers who need to be written off like him.

He should be offered another role. Work in Villa village or something. 

If a person for whatever reason is unable to fulfill their job role than shouldn't the club be entitled to offer them another role? 

16 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Getting rid of Richards will be impossible at this stage, I wonder if there is any sort of insurance policy on footballers who need to be written off like him.

If we can find another club with a similar player, maybe we could arrange a 'Strangers on a Train' situation?

(To the law enforcement agencies reading this, this post is entirely comic).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Id prioritise a Big mobile dm over anything. Jedinak with legs and energy basically as that does allow the others more freedom like yesterday. 

You're not going to find one of them with the budget we apparently have and who will be up for playing in the Championship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Id prioritise a Big mobile dm over anything. Jedinak with legs and energy basically as that does allow the others more freedom like yesterday. 

So we'd have whelan, Jedinak and your new signing all only capable of playing in one position? We should have signed a better player than Whelan in the summer but buying a new DM now would only compound that error. 

• Like 2

I don't want us to sign anyone unless they are "guaranteed" a first team place. We've a massive squad, we need to sign the right players or no one. I'm more eager to clear out the ones who clearly aren't wanted or needed RMc. Bunn, Richards, gabby , de laet . 

I know now it won't happen, but a good window might be a more balanced squad. 

Id bid for Flint from last night, he's a beast, and would make Johnson cry.  

• Like 4

Linked with Jack Marriott. Who will no doubt be leading the line for Peterborough at weekend against ourselves. 17 goals already this season and Top Scorer in League 1.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/897942/Aston-Villa-Leeds-United-Sunderland-Jack-Marriott-EFL-Championship-EFL

A number of Championship clubs including Aston Villa, Leeds United and Sunderland are interested in the 23-year-old, who currently tops the League One scoring charts. 

“A few of the lads mentioned I’d been linked with other clubs but I’ve just got to concentrate on myself and the team,” he said. 

“Promotion, that’s key. We’ve the squad to do it.”

Marriott has hit 17 league goals this season plus four in other competitions

He is only six months into his Peterborough career having joined the Posh from Luton Town on a four-year deal in June. 

Marriott believes he has become a marked man but he is determined to continue his hot form. 

He told The Sun: “I don’t get as much time as I did earlier in the season, which is standard when you have got someone who has scored a couple of goals.

“We do it with other teams, you want to make sure you have got the right people to occupy them and to take them out of the game.

That’s where you have got to be able to adapt, you’ve got to be able to change your game to combat that.

“You can’t be predictable or else the games will pass you by, you’ll go missing and that’s not something I ever want to happen to me.

“I want to be able to make an impact in every single game. If some teams think I am going to do this or that, I’m going to change it.

“I’m going to make different runs, make different movements and constantly change my game to be able to adapt to whatever circumstances a game may bring.

“The manager gives me the confidence to go out there and play my game.

“We’ve worked hard on the training pitch, we’ve developed and improved other aspects of my game.

“They are working hard to add more strings to my bow.

“I’m constantly willing to learn otherwise you just stagnate.”

54 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Linked with Jack Marriott. Who will no doubt be leading the line for Peterborough at weekend against ourselves. 17 goals already this season and Top Scorer in League 1.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/897942/Aston-Villa-Leeds-United-Sunderland-Jack-Marriott-EFL-Championship-EFL

He’s no Josh TravelLodge 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1