January transfer window 2018

Jareth

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Elphick is a decent 3rd choice for a top Championship club. But £7m? And we get to chuck in McCormack? That's an incredible deal assuming we bring Tuanzebe in. 

Would you agree DDID that based on recent form we could perhaps claw closer to say £9/10m for the pair?

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think if any offer where to come in for McCormack I would play it totally dumb and put a price of £7m alone based on his 'new found form' down under.

I agree with you on Elphick leaving but if we can free up wages and raise a bit of cash I would sooner do this as we have adequate cover in this area.

I think elphick £2m top whack and McCormack £2.5m is probably the best we would get - I wouldn’t sell elphick in any case at this stage .

1 hour ago, randy_69 said:

Not ideal to sell to a "rival" but Leeds are a way behind and this is a lot of money for these two, we have to take it if true. We can only sell Elphick if we have a replacement in though - this would make the Axel deal make more sense as he can cover CB and DM.

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not ideal to sell to a "rival" but Leeds are a way behind and this is a lot of money for these two, we have to take it if true. We can only sell Elphick if we have a replacement in though - this would make the Axel deal make more sense as he can cover CB and DM.

If true then of course the money is very good but I cannot see why Leeds would offer so much  .

would give us some cash to sign someone in the next week .

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, randy_69 said:

Can’t see this being true unless it’s panick time for Leeds? However if there is any truth to this then I’d snap their hands off if the kid from Manchester is signing to cover at CB.

West Brom are trying to tie down Tyler Roberts to a new contract as he is out of contract in summer and so far he hasn't signed. He has looked good on loan at Walsall and is one of the Baggies better talents

Leeds have bid £4mil for him which been rejected with Marseille and Sevco (Rangers) after him.

Would be worth monitoring that situation for the summer and see if we can get him on a bosman (with compensation)

32 minutes ago, striker said:

Can’t see this being true unless it’s panick time for Leeds? However if there is any truth to this then I’d snap their hands off if the kid from Manchester is signing to cover at CB.

Leeds have had £4mil bid turned down for Tyler Roberts so looks like they are after a striker.

11 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Leeds have had £4mil bid turned down for Tyler Roberts so looks like they are after a striker.

Also looking at Chris Martin apparently.

1 goal in 23 for Derby, very much a cold player in terms of form

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Also looking at Chris Martin apparently.

1 goal in 23 for Derby, very much a cold player in terms of form

I've never rated him! He did pretty well on loan at Fulham but is a very average player. No doubt Derby will want least £6mil+ for him

Edited by Villan4Life