NBA

maqroll

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It's great and all, and I appreciate I'm posting on a forum section specifically for North American sports (:D) but my God, the stopping of the game and crowding of the court for it.  Just play on and do it all at the end!  **** Americans.

Yeah that was my reaction too. The whole regular season in American sports is a bit of a joke. I've been trying to watch some games but the commentators are barely invested and the game feels like a footnote. Guess that what you get with s 82 game season + play off. 15% of the clubs are not even trying to win because they want to finish bottom for the draft.

The wildest thing about LeBron for me is I remember a kid in my high school (in 2001 or 2002) telling me there was his high school kid in America called LeBron James who's almost guaranteed to go down as one of the greatest of all time when his career is over. I genuinely didn't think he'd still be playing over twenty years later and it's crazy how accurare his prediction was and how certain he was about it.

Doesn't happen much in the NFL. Most of the hyped-up school-system proteges tend to flop or fade into the middle.

• Like 1

Stopping the entire game for that is embarrassing. You'd never see Messi or Ronaldo break a scoring record while their team is 2-1 down and stop for a presentation and to do a speech. Grab the ball and straight back to the centre circle (after a 5 min VAR check of course).

• Like 1

Lost the game too :lol:
Same thing happened in the NFL to Peyton Manning when he broke the all time passing yard record, but he was annoyed having to stop the drive. Promptly threw 4 interceptions and lost the game :) (But won the superbowl)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6-ybimmdbY

Edited by Tegis

21 hours ago, sne said:

Guess that what you get with s 82 game season + play off. 15% of the clubs are not even trying to win because they want to finish bottom for the draft.

Could say that for some seasons but not sure this is one of them. Only 4 teams not looking that fussed and looks like everyone else will be 30+ wins, which hasn't happened since 06/07. Playoff/play-in picture still looking incredibly open.

21 hours ago, sne said:

I've been trying to watch some games but the commentators are barely invested and the game feels like a footnote.

Should watch more of the Magic. We are so fun to watch this year. 5th worst record but 17-13 in last 30 and still talking up play-in chances.

5 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Could say that for some seasons but not sure this is one of them. Only 4 teams not looking that fussed and looks like everyone else will be 30+ wins, which hasn't happened since 06/07. Playoff/play-in picture still looking incredibly open.

Should watch more of the Magic. We are so fun to watch this year. 5th worst record but 17-13 in last 30 and still talking up play-in chances.

My team is the Hornets, they were very, very entertaining last season. This year pretty much everything and anything has gone wrong. From appointments to players. They are back in Lol-cats territory..

8 hours ago, sne said:

My team is the Hornets, they were very, very entertaining last season. This year pretty much everything and anything has gone wrong. From appointments to players. They are back in Lol-cats territory..

Oh so one of the 4 tanking then lol. Didn’t start well with Bridges either. If anything like we were under Clifford then slow and defensive.

Plumlee going an odd one? Seemed to be having ok season. Who’s likely starting centre now?

4 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Oh so one of the 4 tanking then lol. Didn’t start well with Bridges either. If anything like we were under Clifford then slow and defensive.

Plumlee going an odd one? Seemed to be having ok season. Who’s likely starting centre now?

Got the worst coach, the worst owner and the worst front office along with a bunch of immature and/or criminal players. Good times :D 

First time in America a few years ago now the Knicks had no home games so I went to see the Brooklyn Nets so they became “my team” they were not a playoff team at this time and the best player was probably Brook Lopez 

Heading back next month whilst they have 2 home games so I was excited to see KD live but I was gutted when I heard the trade news this week but I’d been fearing the worst since Irving left a few days before 

So they’re back to a similar place they were the first time I went player wise but they’re in a playoff position and hopefully some fire in the belly of some of them that were either already there but never in the spotlight or those who were sent there last minute - we’ll see 

Agree with earlier poster though that the league is about as open as it has been since I’ve been following 

47 minutes ago, M_Allback_14 said:

Agree with earlier poster though that the league is about as open as it has been since I’ve been following 

At the top no team currently on course for 60 wins either. That (or equivalent Pct in shortened seasons) hasn't happened since 2000/01 season. And that year had more teams adrift at the bottom. Gotta be one of the tightest seasons ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Clifford finally forced to play Mark Williams after Plumle being traded. Now watch the Hornets win a pointless 15 out of their last 25 games and battle themselves out of the Wembanyama draft race like the short sighted stubborn franchise they are :D 

Guess they can always aim for Bronny James next season and try to get LeBron to play with his son. Then all they need is for Steph Curry to move back home to Charlotte to finish his career. It's going to be glorious :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

LaMelo Ball out for the year with a fractured ankle. Involuntary tank in Charlotte is back on. Never going to catch Houston, Detroit or San Antonio thou who are making a mockery of the season.

11 hours ago, sne said:

LaMelo Ball out for the year with a fractured ankle. Involuntary tank in Charlotte is back on. Never going to catch Houston, Detroit or San Antonio thou who are making a mockery of the season.

We're not tanking, we're just not very good.

• Like 1

Ja Morant under investigation for pulling a gun on and assaulting a 17 y.o kid during a pick up game last summer. Nice to see it's not only footballers that are utter Morants.

8 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

You get to watch the Magic tonight @sne 😀

Can't make myself watch a whole game with Rozier & Oubre. Tank is back on thanks to the Melo injury. Rozier at PG is painful to watch :D 

At least Banchero got out of his shooting slump a bit, you're welcome.

Â