NBA

maqroll

The Twitter thread where Zion Williamson's ex mistress is tearing him apart is quite something. Won't post it here since it's a bit NSFW but she's named @Moriahmillsss for those who are interested. It's quite something.

• Like 1

On 13/06/2023 at 09:36, sne said:

Congratz to Denver. Great to see a small market franchise winning. Jokic MVP wasn't really a shocker, fantastic player.

Deserved the regular season MVP too, but we know why he didn't get it 

• Like 2

On 12/06/2023 at 20:55, sne said:

The Twitter thread where Zion Williamson's ex mistress is tearing him apart is quite something. Won't post it here since it's a bit NSFW but she's named @Moriahmillsss for those who are interested. It's quite something.

Just looked now and its still going! 

• Haha 2

NBA draft tonight. Wemby going to San Antonio but after that it's open. Hope Charlotte go Scoot but Miller will likely be fine too (if he can stay out of trouble). Rather they go with best player available rather than best fit, especially since I think LaMelo Ball will be looking for a way out before long so Scoot can take his place.

Just hope Charlotte don't try to be clever and make a trade because evidence have shown they are not clever.Surely Jordan isn't going to do something too bold since he's already sold the team. To the hedge fond already minority owners.

I imagine we'll see some pretty spectacular trades during the day and especially tonight. Fun times.

9 hours ago, sne said:

Miller will likely be fine too (if he can stay out of trouble)

Surely, the Charlotte thing to do would be for him to land in more trouble 🤣

Fun one for Magic with two lotto picks and cap space. Could go any way. Whichever way, shooters are a must.

• Like 1

Miller it is. Hopefully Jordan didn't leave Charlotte with a final f**k o** by getting this wrong. Scoot feels like a safer bet but it is what it is.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Miller it is. Hopefully Jordan didn't leave Charlotte with a final f**k o** by getting this wrong. Scoot feels like a safer bet but it is what it is.

Miller better fit though? Scoot and LaMelo more of a clash right?

Just now, tomsky_11 said:

Miller better fit though? Scoot and LaMelo more of a clash right?

That's the thinking. Issue is if Charlotte is in a place where they should take the better fit or the best player. Time will tell.

Feels very on brand for Charlotte to add a guy with off filed issues to go with their current and recent players with their wife beating, drug smuggling, falling asleep drunk behind the wheel with a gun in their lap and gold digger baby mamas. Then again a never fit and shocking out of shape Zion Williamson who never played while sitting on a massive contract would have probable been the ultimate Charlotte trade.

Our picks were not as expected.

Well, 6 was if you believed the media reports, which are almost never right with Orlando (see last year's draft). But it wasn't a rumour many fans on socials seemed to believe. Nor was it a pick many seemed happy with. Most were looking for one of the Thompsons (obviously never fell to us) or Whitmore (fell, and kept on falling, whatever is going on there?).

Picking Black has to mean a trade or two coming up with Fultz, Suggs, Cole and Black now vying for the PG spot, and contract decision on the first three of them this summer I think. Which is a shame because they all have something to offer the side, while Black a bit of an unknown. Hopefully Fultz isn't going anywhere, as he's almost as important to the team as Paolo and Franz. Suggs I guess seems most likely to go if Black can cover his defensive work.

11 was the shooter we desparately needed, but not the shooter everyone was expecting. Howard was projected in the 20s which I guess begs the question could we have traded down? Like everyone else I'd just assumed we'd be getting Dick if he dropped to us, and Howard was really on the radar. As far as I can tell though, he's not quite as good a shooter, but with a better all round offensive game than Dick, while there was talk he's been playing injured all year (shock Magic talking players with injury history!) so they reckon his numbers are down on where they should be. Hopefully that is the case.

22 minutes ago, sne said:

That's the thinking. Issue is if Charlotte is in a place where they should take the better fit or the best player. Time will tell.

Feels very on brand for Charlotte to add a guy with off filed issues to go with their current and recent players with their wife beating, drug smuggling, falling asleep drunk behind the wheel with a gun in their lap and gold digger baby mamas. Then again a never fit and shocking out of shape Zion Williamson who never played while sitting on a massive contract would have probable been the ultimate Charlotte trade.

You're looking to take Bridges back as well, right?

Just now, tomsky_11 said:

You're looking to take Bridges back as well, right?

Oh yeah. That's the noise coming out at least. Nothing signed yet but only a matter of time. Unless the new owners have a different view but I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sne said:

Hilarious and sad content from the Hornets first summer league game. We have things to work on :D 

I wouldn't worry too much. How many of these guys are actually going to be on your roster, let alone playing meaningful minutes?

46 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I wouldn't worry too much. How many of these guys are actually going to be on your roster, let alone playing meaningful minutes?

Funnily 2 of them are 3rd year players :D  Kai and Bouknight. Really hope both gets cut because they are hopeless. Summer league is just that but the Hornets is just such a horribly run organization and the summer league always has guys just playing individually and absolutely no coaching.

The game tonight against GSW was more of the same. Already looking forward to the video for that game. Maybe the new owners coming in will change things but I doubt it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Funnily 2 of them are 3rd year players :D  Kai and Bouknight. Really hope both gets cut because they are hopeless. Summer league is just that but the Hornets is just such a horribly run organization and the summer league always has guys just playing individually and absolutely no coaching.

The game tonight against GSW was more of the same. Already looking forward to the video for that game. Maybe the new owners coming in will change things but I doubt it.

I did see Kai Jones put up a bad box score in that first game and thought it doesn't bode well for him.

10 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I did see Kai Jones put up a bad box score in that first game and thought it doesn't bode well for him.

Kai is super athletic with zero basketball IQ. Bouknight has mental issues I think and has horrible body language. Really hope neither is in the real squad or get picked up for that 4th year.

I will actually have Bouknight on my VT death pool for next year becuase I fear he might end it or get into an accident. 

Edited by sne
  • Sad 1

Â