NBA

maqroll

On 27/06/2022 at 20:12, KMitch said:

Pumped after the draft...  Pistons rebuild is continuing to roll along in the right direction and will supplement Cade Cunningham with the best guard and best center in this year's draft, plus still have ~$50 million in free cap space to sign vets.  Might be too premature at this point in the rebuild to sign a player on a max contract, but rumors are swirling around Michigan that Miles Bridges may be coming home if Charlotte can't agree to get him the deal he's looking for.  Otherwise, we may continue to pick up bad contracts for future picks and/or grab some shooters in free agency to help us out.  

Either way, I'm more excited about Detroit Basketball than I have been in about 15 years.

If you still want Miles Bridges you can have him.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

KD wants out of the Nets. Prefers Suns or Heat. Irving no doubt will be moving on too.

Hawks acquire Murray from the Spurs as San Antonio look to tank. It's going to be an interesting free agency.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lonzo Ball overcomes his knee troubles and stays fit for the long haul next season and the Bulls are title contenders.

Without him, which I feel may be the case, at least for a portion of the season that will be damaging, and the Bulls are on a sharp downward trajectory.

On 01/08/2022 at 09:56, Hornso said:

Sad to lose legend of the game Bill Russell. Can't see anyone ever beating his record of 11 rings as a player. Incredible.

Russell played in the wake of black pioneers Earl Lloyd, Chuck Cooper, and Sweetwater Clifton, and he was the first black player to achieve superstar status in the NBA. He also served a three-season (1966–69) stint as player-coach for the Celtics, becoming the first black coach in the NBA and the first to win a championship.[14] In 2011, Barack Obama awarded Russell the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his accomplishments on the court and in the civil rights movement.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Russell

An equally impressive and important legacy as the silverware count.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2022 at 03:43, A'Villan said:

People's predictions/thoughts/favourites/trades for the next season?

Hoping Magic can surprise a few people by not being one of the worst teams in the league this year. Tbf if can stay relatively injury free for once I think there's a load of talent and potential in the roster. Isaac and Fultz back in the frame. WCJ, Anthony and Franz off the back of good seasons and plenty of room to grow. Paolo feels like the hit the ground running rookie compared to our other options in the draft.

Nice to see the massive price drop for the league pass subcription as well. Will definitely be getting that this year.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Almost in awe of the selection of players the Hornets have managed to sign these last few years. We can now add this a**h*** to the Bridges domestic violence and the Montrezl Harrell getting arrested for smuggling industrial amounts of weed.

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

He looked great. Thankfully for my squad, so did Ivey & Duren. 

Yeah was impressed with both of them too. Was a decent game. Both teams building something good. We just need fewer injuries/illness so we can actually have a decent PG.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Yeah was impressed with both of them too. Was a decent game. Both teams building something good. We just need fewer injuries/illness so we can actually have a decent PG.

I was impressed with Suggs also. I hope he can bounce back this season.

6 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I was impressed with Suggs also. I hope he can bounce back this season.

Yeah, especially when handed a difficult job replacing Anthony late before the game. That quarter where he just went off from deep was awesome. Hopefully more of that to go with solid defence, and less need to cover at point.

Â