NBA

maqroll

On 19/05/2023 at 04:36, EvilChameleon said:

A Nuggets/Heat NBA Finals would be good fun. Much better than another Lakers/Celtics retread.

Should happen now. Lakers are done for. 

NBA broadcasts crack me up. They wanna be hip and down with the kids so they play the cool current rap songs at every interval and break, but since they also want to be family friendly they have to bleep every other word in the lyrics.

It's a perfect image of the US of A. 

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Should be the end of LeBron James but I bet he'll come back for one more go. He can't do the minutes anymore which is fair enough given the miles on the clock. 

He’s going to keep going. I don’t know where he will play next year, but he wants to play with his son who will be draft eligible the following season.

I guess it’s possible he takes a season off.

Edited by Hornso

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

He’s going to keep going. I don’t know where he will play next year, but he wants to play with his son who will be draft eligible the following season.

I guess it’s possible he takes a season off.

Time to play baseball!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thought he was gonna stick around for a while more to make sure his son get drafted as high as possible by some club that thinks they'll get Le Bron too if they draft him

3 hours ago, sne said:

Thought he was gonna stick around for a while more to make sure his son get drafted as high as possible by some club that thinks they'll get Le Bron too if they draft him

Don't know if there will be much demand for him now given his injury record and declining abilities, apart from getting his brand on your team. If he was willing to come and be the 6th man in the regular season and then be fresh and healthy for the playoffs then he might be worth it but there's no way his ego would accept it. 

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Don't know if there will be much demand for him now given his injury record and declining abilities, apart from getting his brand on your team. If he was willing to come and be the 6th man in the regular season and then be fresh and healthy for the playoffs then he might be worth it but there's no way his ego would accept it. 

He's still a very good player and immensely valuable from a marketing standpoint. He won't lead you to a title but any franchise he's on will instantly become higher profile. For a short time at least.

I imagine he'll stay with the Lakers and bully them into drafting his son in a year or 2.

On 24/05/2023 at 09:13, villa89 said:

He's easily a top 10 player in the league still. 

4 hours ago, Hornso said:

Nuggets in 6.

Jesus I dont know, they've had a week off while Heat had 3 games that mentally would have taken a lot out of them, Butler's legs don't look the same as Round 1, add in the altitude, I can't see this going beyond 5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Folski said:

Jesus I dont know, they've had a week off while Heat had 3 games that mentally would have taken a lot out of them, Butler's legs don't look the same as Round 1, add in the altitude, I can't see this going beyond 5.

I’m torn on Game 1. I can see the Nugs being rusty after so long off, or I can see them blowing out the tired Heat. 

59 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I’m torn on Game 1. I can see the Nugs being rusty after so long off, or I can see them blowing out the tired Heat. 

I think Denver put up 130 in game 1.

Â