NBA

maqroll

On 26/10/2023 at 10:03, tomsky_11 said:

Magic with the biggest opening night winning margin in their history last night. Barely got out of second gear and Banchero with pretty quiet night as well. Fun season if we keep that up.

image.png.12e30b1a8d627f0c83399b6742662634.png

Well it looks like we are keeping it up. So fun to watch right now.

Huge game later against the Celtics. Nice 7.30pm tip for the UK as well.

• Like 1

I see it's the time of the annual Melo Ball ankle injury. Get ready for a month or more of ISO 3-point chucker Rozier running point since the Hornets doesn't have a back-up PG worth the name.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I see it's the time of the annual Melo Ball ankle injury. Get ready for a month or more of ISO 3-point chucker Rozier running point since the Hornets doesn't have a back-up PG worth the name.

Good for the tank, though, right? 😄

6 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Good for the tank, though, right? 😄

Think is they are never going to commit to the tank under Mitch and Clifford (no idea about the new owners since Jordan is still lurking in the background and all his shills are still there). You'd hope they'd trade Rozier and Hayward for pieces that fit's with the team and timeline but I'll believe it when I see it.

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Think is they are never going to commit to the tank under Mitch and Clifford (no idea about the new owners since Jordan is still lurking in the background and all his shills are still there). You'd hope they'd trade Rozier and Hayward for pieces that fit's with the team and timeline but I'll believe it when I see it.

He did coach the season we ripped it all up and got Franz and Suggs and WCJ out of it. Guess front office took it out of his hands though and he was gone after that season anyway.

Just now, tomsky_11 said:

He did coach the season we ripped it all up and got Franz and Suggs and WCJ out of it. Guess front office took it out of his hands though and he was gone after that season anyway.

Guy is the definition of a analog man in a digital world. The Steve Bruce of the NBA from what I read. Honestly not know enough about the finer points of basketball these days to call it myself but the consensus seems pretty clear.

On 19/10/2023 at 16:46, sne said:

Jordan really built something to be proud of at Charlotte didn't he :D

Anyone who knows his 'chip on the shoulder'/ 'I'm going to prove you wrong' mentality knew that he wasn't going to be good at any type of management/ownership.

• Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

Anyone who knows his 'chip on the shoulder'/ 'I'm going to prove you wrong' mentality knew that he wasn't going to be good at any type of management/ownership.

I have a feeling he's still having too much influence from the background as a minority owner. All his family and people are still in the same roles he gave them. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Guy is the definition of a analog man in a digital world. The Steve Bruce of the NBA from what I read. Honestly not know enough about the finer points of basketball these days to call it myself but the consensus seems pretty clear.

Pretty defense focused from what I remember, but in a different, much less exciting and as of right now much less successful way to how we are now. Got us to the post season two out of three years (the third being heavily injury hit then we ripped everything up on deadline day). But then perhaps lucky the East was so bad that second season as .452 got us to the playoffs. Pretty reliant on Vooch throughout time with us as never really got Gordon or Fournier going.

• Like 1

Fans at Charlotte were pretty fed up with him after his first stint here. But at least they seemed to think he would tighten up the defense after Borrego. He has not since we've become worse defensively while become much, much worse offensively.

Mitch supposedly wanted to retire but Jordan wouldn't let him (however that works :D ) so hopefully he goes and a new GM is in charge of hiring the new coach after Clifford.

On 24/11/2023 at 11:41, tomsky_11 said:

image.png.12e30b1a8d627f0c83399b6742662634.png

Well it looks like we are keeping it up. So fun to watch right now.

Huge game later against the Celtics. Nice 7.30pm tip for the UK as well.

9 straight wins for Magic now, equalling franchise record. Gonna be tough to extend it beyond that as @ Brooklyn tomorrow night.

Shame Philly couldn't quite help us to 1st in the East tonight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, sne said:

Really wish the league had the balls to throw this piece of s*** out of the NBA for good.

Well he's been suspended indefinitely so you weren't far off your wish haha.

• Like 1

Detroit and San Antonio going all out to break the NBA record for consecutive losses in a season apparently. Think the record is 26 and the are now on 21 and 18 respectively.

NBA probably should have a rule that the team that finishes last cant get the #1 pick in the draft. At least maybe then the tanking teams might at least pretend to be interested.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Detroit and San Antonio going all out to break the NBA record for consecutive losses in a season apparently. Think the record is 26 and the are now on 21 and 18 respectively.

NBA probably should have a rule that the team that finishes last cant get the #1 pick in the draft. At least maybe then the tanking teams might at least pretend to be interested.

Make it so that all none playoff teams have equal chance in the lottery. 

• Like 1

Â