NBA

maqroll

Bronny James, son of LeBron suffered a cardiac arrest while practicing with USC. He's in stable condition and I hope he's OK but might be the end of the dream of them playing together in the NBA.

"Funnily" enough his buddy Shareef O'Neal son of Shaquille O'Neal who was also a big prospect suffered the same thing a couple years back and I think his career is over before it started.

6 hours ago, sne said:

Bronny James, son of LeBron suffered a cardiac arrest while practicing with USC. He's in stable condition and I hope he's OK but might be the end of the dream of them playing together in the NBA.

"Funnily" enough his buddy Shareef O'Neal son of Shaquille O'Neal who was also a big prospect suffered the same thing a couple years back and I think his career is over before it started.

Ashamedly my mind went there too. Wondering how this affect things for both of them going forward. I think LeBron has spent more money on his body to prolong his career than just about anyone in history, so at least Bronny will have the means at his disposal should he want to attempt to push on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The US bested by Germany at the WC. Always funny when the guys who titles themselves "world champions" by winning their national championships gets beaten in the real actual world championship.

• Like 1

NBA bring in a rule that you can only rest one star player per game. Personally I think the bigger problem is the drawn out 82 game season that only eliminates 10 of the 30 teams. Also its very easy to fake injuries if needed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

NBA bring in a rule that you can only rest one star player per game. Personally I think the bigger problem is the drawn out 82 game season that only eliminates 10 of the 30 teams. Also its very easy to fake injuries if needed. 

Yeah, it means teams will just lie about injuries as opposed to openly resting them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Yeah, it means teams will just lie about injuries as opposed to openly resting them.

I guess it will just mean the backlash from fans about teams resting players won't be as vocal as the teams will announce the players as injured instead of saying nothing and sitting them out. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hornets gonna Hornet

Just take the L and get rid of this waste of a human.

Oh, and they also released their 2021 1st round and 19th overall pick Kai Jones due to him going full melt on social media and making himself impossible. Bouknight is still injured I think but I expect him to rob a pawn shop or something any day now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

Magic with the biggest opening night winning margin in their history last night. Barely got out of second gear and Banchero with pretty quiet night as well. Fun season if we keep that up.

It's about time. We've been terrible for too long.

5 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Good opening night win for you guys.

Yeah, now we just gotta keep it going :D Might be in a bit of trouble once Melo picks up his inevitable injury and is out for 4 months since we have no back up playmaker. 

This was fun, Mark really is a difference maker on defense.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah, now we just gotta keep it going :D Might be in a bit of trouble once Melo picks up his inevitable injury and is out for 4 months since we have no back up playmaker. 

This was fun, Mark really is a difference maker on defense.

Nice. Dropped him out of my VT fantasy league didn't I. (TBF I had no power forwards so had to lose someone, but would've been nice to have his numbers from last night)

• Like 1

My Pistons were respectable. Hopefully a sign of things to come this season from Cade, whilst Thompson & Duren look decent. Turnovers in the first half were a major issue. Need to back it up with another good performance against @sne's Hornets tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â