NBA

maqroll

Devastating injury to Hayward. The Celtics have no chance at all now. Basketball injuries can be brutal.

Caution- this is really ugly-

Edited by maqroll
  • Sad 1

You know its bad when the players are covering their eyes and running away from him.

Even the people in the crowd were covering their mouths and eyes.

Bad news. But hes young and  healthy and hopefully he will be back on the court.

Edited by BerniesElbow

I used to love the NBA in the 90's.

Maybe it is rose tinted spectacles but doesn't seem as good anymore? Players are  no doubt more technically gifted and athletically stronger but the game seems to lack the intensity/passion of that era. 

Edited by Xela

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Cleveland made some impressive moves at the trading deadline and now look comfortable favourites for the East. They're a long way away from Golden State though.

On a side note, did you know Hakeem Olajuwon now lives in Birmingham is coaching here!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RunRickyRun said:

Cleveland made some impressive moves at the trading deadline and now look comfortable favourites for the East. They're a long way away from Golden State though.

On a side note, did you know Hakeem Olajuwon now lives in Birmingham is coaching here!

In my youth, I had a basketball crazed friend who bought the most epic misspelled poster ever. All hail Akeen Olasinwan!!!

Edit: Thank you internet, it still exists :lol:

9VOJ3SB.jpg

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Went to lakers vs cavs tonight

1st live basketball game, 1st time ive ever watched a full basketball game...

Ticket prices were insane and the model is weird as ****, all over the shop buying from different sources at different prices, stadium was good loads of vendors but again pricing was insane (2 beers and nachos was $37 - LA in general is absolutely crazy) sat up with the gods but view was good 

Whati had watched before was football, its a very different crowd, no singing of the anthem, not many pissheads (i reigned it in out of disappointment) different atmosphere

As for the game, lakers were good, surprised at how many missed shots there were, james is on another planet, if you were to compare him to soccer hes messi, got the lot but his vision is head and shoulders above everyone else 

Not csught the bug and cant imagine me ever watching a game again though

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No work tomorrow so I can finally  watch a full playoff game live , instead of the highlight package the day after.

I can see Boston sweeping Cleveland. Such a well drilled , all round team who don't seem to be missing Kyrie and Heyward all that much.

Â