NBA

maqroll

Another Hornet who might not get the new contract he hoped for 🙄

Going into free agency like a bell end. Charlotte seem to have massive issues with their player discipline and intelligence. 

On 11/06/2022 at 22:47, sne said:

With my limited knowledge about NBA coaching this seems like a very sensible appointment. 

ESPN reporting he’s done a 180 and staying with GSW

• Sad 1

I grew up in the 80s a huge Celtics fan. I'm just a bandwagon fan these days because the NBA is mostly unwatchable in my opinion. 

That said, I watched these finals. Not sure how we made it that far based on what I watched. That was as embarrassing a finals performance I could imagine from a Celtics team.

So sloppy. So many turnovers. And almost nothing but 3 point attempts. They get a good look in the paint and reflexively kick the ball out for a 3 point prayer. 

This is not basketball. And the whole league just loves the 3 point shot, not just the Celtics. 

To rub salt in the wound, Tatum wore a **** Lakers wristband, during a finals game!

Red Auerbach is turning in his grave. He would have kicked Tatum right off the **** team for that.

And the players hugging each other after every game. WTF 

I miss the old days when the players hated each other, fans rushed the court after big wins, and reputations were staked in the paint, not from 3 point range. 

P.S. Get off my lawn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Draft day today, expect to see a lot of trades and squad shuffling. Some already started with Jerami Grant going from Detroit to Portland for a 2025 1st round pick and some other picks.

Can't wait to see how the manager-less Hornets mess up their situation even more while Michael Jordan plays golf and boinks strippers..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

Hornets mess up their situation even more while Michael Jordan plays golf and boinks strippers..

Even his biggest fanboy Skip Bayless says he's the worst owner in all of sport.

• Sad 1

On 22/06/2022 at 15:24, maqroll said:

And almost nothing but 3 point attempts. They get a good look in the paint and reflexively kick the ball out for a 3 point prayer. 

This is not basketball. And the whole league just loves the 3 point shot, not just the Celtics. 

That's the way the game has gone I'm afraid. The stats tell you to shoot 3 and any young kid now is being taught to throw up a 3 attempt so in a few years the league will be flooded stephen curry wannabe's. 

Hard to know what the solution is, moving the 3 line back more?

Just now, villa89 said:

That's the way the game has gone I'm afraid. The stats tell you to shoot 3 and any young kid now is being taught to throw up a 3 attempt so in a few years the league will be flooded stephen curry wannabe's. 

Hard to know what the solution is, moving the 3 line back more?

Getting rid of it entirely. It wasn't always a thing, you know.

Charlotte trading the 13th pick for a future 1st round pick that will be in the high 20's (Denver) and a bunch of 2nd round picks.

Do so wonder what the plan is here apart from Jordan wanting to save a little money. Seems like a rtarded deal but maybe there is a plan 🙄

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Charlotte trading the 13th pick for a future 1st round pick that will be in the high 20's (Denver) and a bunch of 2nd round picks.

Do so wonder what the plan is here apart from Jordan wanting to save a little money. Seems like a rtarded deal but maybe there is a plan 🙄

I guess taking another centre at 15 meant probably didn't need both? Save maybe $1M over 3 years keeping 15th over 13th lol? Bit more room to manoeuvre with salaries next summer?

• Like 1

Surprised we took Banchero. Thought Smith maybe the better fit with the lack of shooters at Orlando.

If Banchero can have the bigger immediate impact as seems to be suggested though, be interesting to see what we can do this season. Don't think last season was a fair reflection of the roster at full fitness with Isaac and Fultz missing all or the majority of it. Potential on the roster could be huge with Isaac, Fultz, WCJ, Wagner, Anthony, Suggs, Okeke, Hampton, Bamba all under 24 and a potential RotY joining them.

On 23/06/2022 at 16:00, maqroll said:

Getting rid of it entirely. It wasn't always a thing, you know.

Yeah I know but the problem with that is if you get rid of it then you need to be 6ft 10 or taller to be any use. 

36 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Yeah I know but the problem with that is if you get rid of it then you need to be 6ft 10 or taller to be any use. 

Some of the best players ever are 6ft 2 or under. Many of whom played in the 2 point days but I see where you're coming from.

I honestly think making a 3pt shot a 2.5pt shot would be better  as at the moment the 50% increase in points available just a line of paint away is too hard to turn down for analysts.

Pumped after the draft...  Pistons rebuild is continuing to roll along in the right direction and will supplement Cade Cunningham with the best guard and best center in this year's draft, plus still have ~$50 million in free cap space to sign vets.  Might be too premature at this point in the rebuild to sign a player on a max contract, but rumors are swirling around Michigan that Miles Bridges may be coming home if Charlotte can't agree to get him the deal he's looking for.  Otherwise, we may continue to pick up bad contracts for future picks and/or grab some shooters in free agency to help us out.  

Either way, I'm more excited about Detroit Basketball than I have been in about 15 years.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2022 at 04:12, KMitch said:

Pumped after the draft...  Pistons rebuild is continuing to roll along in the right direction and will supplement Cade Cunningham with the best guard and best center in this year's draft, plus still have ~$50 million in free cap space to sign vets.  Might be too premature at this point in the rebuild to sign a player on a max contract, but rumors are swirling around Michigan that Miles Bridges may be coming home if Charlotte can't agree to get him the deal he's looking for.  Otherwise, we may continue to pick up bad contracts for future picks and/or grab some shooters in free agency to help us out.  

Either way, I'm more excited about Detroit Basketball than I have been in about 15 years.

Likewise. I was stoked the Kings bit on Murray and then to turn Grant into the C they wanted was exciting too. Will be interesting to see if they use the cap space to try and grab Bridges or whether they use it to take on other teams unwanted contracts for future draft picks...

Â