World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Serbia sack the manager after guiding to World Cup qualification for not playing enough youngsters   :lol::lol:

Always politics with the Balkan countries I'm afraid.

Most bizzare one was not calling up Milinkovic Savic who is one of the best midfielders in Seria A.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Always politics with the Balkan countries I'm afraid.

Most bizzare one was not calling up Milinkovic Savic who is one of the best midfielders in Seria A.

Thats the reason apparently not choosing him but they qualified so think poor form from FA

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Serbia sack the manager after guiding to World Cup qualification for not playing enough youngsters   :lol::lol:

Wont be long before some african team appoints sven goran erikson or avram grant for the world cup

• Like 2

Goalkeepers: Darren Randolph (Middlesbrough), Rob Elliot (Newcastle United), Keiren Westwood (Sheffield Wednesday), Colin Doyle (Bradford City)

Defenders: Cyrus Christie (Middlesbrough), Matt Doherty (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Paul McShane (Reading), Shane Duffy (Brighton & Hove Albion), Ciaran Clark (Newcastle United), John O'Shea (Sunderland), Kevin Long, Stephen Ward (Burnley)

Midfielders: Aiden McGeady (Sunderland), Jeff Hendrick, Robbie Brady (Burnley), Glenn Whelan, Conor Hourihane (Aston Villa), David Meyler (Hull City), Harry Arter (Bournemouth), Eunan O'Kane (Leeds United), Wes Hoolahan (Norwich City), Callum O'Dowda (Bristol City), James McClean (West Bromwich Albion)

Forwards: Shane Long (Southampton), Daryl Murphy (Nottingham Forest), Scott Hogan (Aston Villa), Aiden O'Brien (Millwall)

ROI very light on strikers.  Our own Scott Hogan being one of them.  Injuries are Maguire, McCarthy & Keogh.  The uninjured talisman, Jonathan Walters, has, for reasons best known to Martin, been left out.

Don't care about the lack of strikers, if you look at the actual matches ROI ALWAYS score away from home. Goals in Wales, Serbia, Bosnia, Austria, Germany and Poland over last two campaigns. Think Scotland in November 2014 was the last big game you boys didn't score in. Even in the euros against some really good teams you  scored in three out of the four games.

If I had to predict I'd go for 1-1 in Denmark and ROI to grind out a 0-0 at the Aviva.

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, VillaChris said:

Dodgy penalty aside, Swiss have been so comfortable tonight. Can see them winning the second leg comfortably.

they have but Schar should have been sent off after 6 minutes and a different game then. refs gave nothing to North

No way in a match of this significance a ref will send a player off after five minutes.

I agree they were very unlucky on the penalty but generally the Swiss have been excellent defending the high balls and crosses.

And if you can do that against Norn Iron they haven't go much else to hurt you with.

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

yes dodgy pen but NI deserved nothing as they were intent on sitting back and hoping for the best. Swiss dominated the game and should have won by more

And to be expected, Swiss brought a 20 million forward off the bench and NI brought on a villa reject and a QPR reserve

Â