Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

Can't wait for this.

Without doubt one of my favourite all time games (the original obvs), never did get round to completing the objective where you had to kill two mountain lions with a knife in quick succession, the second bastard always got me!!

It's going to look stunning isn't it?!

They could have filmed a big fat steaming pile of turd for that trailer and I would still have been giggling like a school girl!

Yes....just yes!

Edited by Nigel

On 10/24/2016 at 12:58, bannedfromHandV said:

Can't wait for this.

Without doubt one of my favourite all time games (the original obvs), never did get round to completing the objective where you had to kill two mountain lions with a knife in quick succession, the second bastard always got me!!

It's going to look stunning isn't it?!

Yes, that was tough, as was finishing off the bastard bears with a knife.  The mountain lions/lunxes whatever were complete snidey buggers though, smacking you from completely out of nowhere.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Any more info on this?  Not even fired the Xbox up for 12 months, but it'll be getting a dusting off for this one!

All I know is it's meant to come out sometime this fall. I am hoping E3 will give us more info. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they add a difficulty selector to this, RDR1 was too easy. Other than that it was a beautiful game that I thoroughly enjoyed. Looking forward to this.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 16:21, Czechlad said:

All I know is it's meant to come out sometime this fall. I am hoping E3 will give us more info. 

I think I've mentioned this around 5 times regarding RDR; R* have never been at E3 and that won't change any time soon. They're bigger than the event. They could release a screenshot of anything on the day of E3 and get more hype than everything Ubisoft, EA and Activision have combined.

On 10/03/2017 at 09:15, Junxs said:

I hope they add a difficulty selector to this, RDR1 was too easy. Other than that it was a beautiful game that I thoroughly enjoyed. Looking forward to this.

Play it with the screen turned off....be like playing at night!

• Like 2

On 18/03/2017 at 20:54, Rino8 said:

I think I've mentioned this around 5 times regarding RDR; R* have never been at E3 and that won't change any time soon. They're bigger than the event. They could release a screenshot of anything on the day of E3 and get more hype than everything Ubisoft, EA and Activision have combined.

While true Rockstar have allowed both Microsoft and Sony to reveal their games on stage.

In 2006 Microsoft unveiled GTA IV and that the Xbox 360 would be getting exclusive expansion packs.

In 2009 Sony unveiled the still unreleased exclusive Agent.

Both of which happened on stage at E3. So it has happened, but was hasn't happened yet is actual game play being shown at any of these press conferences.

Will it happen this year? I don't know, if it does it will likely be on the Sony stage.

On 3/10/2017 at 09:15, Junxs said:

I think it's the length of time it takes to complete that makes it challenging, rather than being able to adjust difficulty settings.

It's the same with the GTA games, most of the missions you breeze through but there's so many of them and each one can take some serious time.

The real difficulty with these games, IMO, is getting 100% completion - that takes time and often is hard work, I've only ever 100%'d one which was GTA5 (on PS3) and on the last RDR I think I got to around 95% 

12 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think it's the length of time it takes to complete that makes it challenging, rather than being able to adjust difficulty settings.

It's the same with the GTA games, most of the missions you breeze through but there's so many of them and each one can take some serious time.

The real difficulty with these games, IMO, is getting 100% completion - that takes time and often is hard work, I've only ever 100%'d one which was GTA5 (on PS3) and on the last RDR I think I got to around 95% 

Think I was about the same percentage wise.  I'm a bit of a completist up to a point, but some of the extra percentages were just too much of a ballache, like emtying the forts in a certain amount of time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Risso said:

Think I was about the same percentage wise.  I'm a bit of a completist up to a point, but some of the extra percentages were just too much of a ballache, like emtying the forts in a certain amount of time.

Yep, there's only so many times you can be mauled by a bear or ravaged by a mountain lion before you think, 'what am I doing with my life' ;)

ive spent the last 3 months playing gta v on it, that games perfection IMO almost strangely not thought of in best game on the ps4 lists cos its just rockstar standard now, i think seeing the map and trying to get my head round the scale of RDR2 will be what gets me properly excited for it

• 1 month later...

It's, completely predictably, slipped to next year.

To make up for that news, Rockstar have released some images.

red_dead_redemption_2_screenshot_02_1920

red_dead_redemption_2_screenshot_04_1920

red_dead_redemption_2_screenshot_05_1920

red_dead_redemption_2_screenshot_01_1920

red_dead_redemption_2_screenshot_03_1920

red_dead_redemption_2_screenshot_06_1920

...Holy shit at a couple of those. The forest... The train on the bridge?

Take all the money.

Â