Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

GTA DLC would be surprising as Rockstar pretty much seem to have said they're ongoing focus with GTA5 is multiplayer stuff as it's a licence to print money and a big DLC isn't.

Wouldn't they make more money from selling a DLC at £15-20 each than they make from a free multiplayer?

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Wouldn't they make more money from selling a DLC at £15-20 each than they make from a free multiplayer?

The multiplayer is free but includes the ability to buy things with real cash. Apparently it has proven absurdly popular with big returns for basically no effort for them, whereas a new DLC is a big effort and is a single one off purchase that there's no guarantee everyone buys.

Hence the word was that Rockstar was leaving GTA single player content alone.

• 4 months later...

Unexpected plot twist, game to be announced by Rockstar is...Agent? ;)

It surely is a new rod  dead though, about bloody time.

Edited by hogso

I've seen that the supposed sauce for that has already been debunked. It'd still be a good choice for a name though. My personal fave is Rebellion, Revenge would be OK too.

Edited by hogso

depends who they have as the characters, the last one was set in 1911, could do a post WW1 story but the frontier had ended by then, if they go backwards unless they do a civil war story then theres no point in going further back than 1865

set it in early 1920s in texas, post WW1, last of the indian wars, oil fields, start of cars, electricity, huge increase in mexican migration, agriculture increase and unionisation (hence the mexicans) KKK, anti evolution movements, prohibition, suffragettes, the build up to another mexican revolution...theres a lot to go at

thinking of those oil fields, i want a final mission where the oil field and camp etc goes up in flames and it burns in real time rather than being full of set pieces, you've got a couple of decisions to make while everything around you more realistically than ever attempted before burns, character you've made friends with trapped, loved one in danger, villain of the piece trying to escape, you can control the fate of all of them whilst fighting through baddies having to go a bit gung ho and taking risks to make the timing work...

not asking for much :P

• Like 1

I've been playing through RDR again on the PS3 - it's aged very well indeed.

The gunplay still outshines many games today and the story is still top notch.

I got to the part where you travel to Mexico and the Jose Gonzales song starts up the other day. Still made the old hairs stand up on the neck, brilliant stuff.

• Like 4

Might not need to - it's stil possible that there will be a remaster aswell as a whole new game.

The online thing is interesting, I assume that means there will be an ever present, on going online game, in the same way as GTA V has one. They've made a shit ton of money out of that, so it only makes sense to do the same thing again.

Hoping the earlier leaked map is accurate and the game is set in the 'wild west', rather than during the 'death of the west'.

Â