Match Thread: Villa v Wigan

limpid

I normally put a pound on the result for my son. He said 5-1 and i told him he was being stupid so he went 3-1. 

The way we are playing i think my lad could well have been right. 

My level of respect for those Villa fans there tonight is at never before seen heights.

The absolute shite they have had to put up with over the years, yet they continually invest time, money, effort and hope into what some would say is a lost cause.

I don't think its really reported quite how rubbish its been for Villa fans, and how brilliant our fans are.

Kudos.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

lovely stuff. well in charge and great confidence booster for Hogan that 2nd is a peach! All good, bar the concession.  How are the players playing for those watching?

RDL looks different class. Wigan haven't offered much upfront (bar the goal) but the defence looks solid and RDL looks to be the leader. Just before kick off he he went to every player individually to gee them up, I'm really excited to see more of him this year. He will be a really big player for us i think. 

Bree is playing very well. 

Thor looks poor sadly. He's busy but he really looks poor. Missed an absolute sitter.

Adomah looks really good, busy and productive. 

The young lads in midfield both look confident and comfortable on the ball. You can tell they play together, some lovely movement and passes between the 2 of them. I would say though that O'hare is very, very lightweight. Not quite ready for the first team imo.

Hogan. Different class.