• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

5 minutes ago, Donniewyer said:

If and its a big IF potato head gets sacked before Jan 1st, I'd bet a months wages Steve Round would get the job.

Round may talk progressively about developing a new footballing structure for Aston Villa, but in reality he is set firmly in the Moyes, Wyness era.  

• Like 1

If Tony goes for someone like Clotet it will be because Bruce has failed badly over the next five games. It would be a very good position for a new manager to begin work, as expectations will be adjusted to give him time to implement his style and also Tony will be somewhat redeemed amongst the board and the 'football' men, as technically they will both have picked a wrong un as manager previously. 

Clotet doesn't seem to have much pedigree , I'd be surprised if he was under consideration to be the next manager

would he come in as a coach under Bruce and we bin Calderwood or Clemence or both ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Clotet doesn't seem to have much pedigree , I'd be surprised if he was under consideration to be the next manager

would he come in as a coach under Bruce and we bin Calderwood or Clemence or both ?

Wagner had no pedigree as a manager till he came to England - he was also coach to klopp whereas clotet has been assistant to laudrup and monk and now has taken the step into management - it would be a risk to appoint him but then it would be a risk whoever got the job .

i don't see why he would want to assist Bruce when he's liGht years different to him in approach to football games .

i doubt Bruce would let the board impose someone  on him . 

Weve tried the experienced route - managers from abroad have had success in this league so maybe xia would go down this route .

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what is the lure of West Ham?

Like I said

recent Visual productions from Mr Sullivans other Directorships

And the eventuality of being present in a room with Karen Brady.

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

Wagner had no pedigree as a manager till he came to England - he was also coach to klopp whereas clotet has been assistant to laudrup and monk and now has taken the step into management - it would be a risk to appoint him but then it would be a risk whoever got the job .

i don't see why he would want to assist Bruce when he's liGht years different to him in approach to football games .

i doubt Bruce would let the board impose someone  on him . 

Weve tried the experienced route - managers from abroad have had success in this league so maybe xia would go down this route .

Wagner had 4 years managing Dortmund reserves in one stint and then in at Huddersfield 

Clotet seems to have had 13 clubs in 17 years with various sackings along the way

his "successful " periods seem to have been as a number 2 to Laudrup and then Monk ?

I confess I'm only looking at wiki and it may be harsh on Clotet but he doesn't seem to be comparable to Wagner on face / wiki value ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Pep Clotet is a student of football and a manager/coach who analyses every aspect of every game in order to improve a fraction at a time. looking to the future

Contrast that with Steve Bruce who gave up studying years ago and now seems incapable of grasping new ideas, and is repeatedly looking over his shoulder to his past for inspiration.

Clotet changes formation during a match because he's noticed an opposition full back is out of position, and he feels that his side could take advantage of that for a few minutes before the opposition adapt to counter his change.

Bruce stands there looking mystified and counters opposition by telling his players to "put their boots on". 

It's not rocket science .... it's tactics!

I'm not advocating Clotet as our next manager, but he's one of a new generation of pro active and tactically astute young managers who could improve Villa.

I'm not trying to be smart here.....but I thought all professional managers did that.

I think Oxford is Clotet's first job proper.....might be the next big thing I have no idea.....was we not saying the same about Garde, thinking mans manager, yes he had no support, but his record was pants, didn't get much out of our lot.

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

If Tony goes for someone like Clotet it will be because Bruce has failed badly over the next five games. It would be a very good position for a new manager to begin work, as expectations will be adjusted to give him time to implement his style and also Tony will be somewhat redeemed amongst the board and the 'football' men, as technically they will both have picked a wrong un as manager previously. 

I will be very surprised if a man with Clotets experience gets a job like ours.

but hey!

we have tried em all.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm not trying to be smart here.....but I thought all professional managers did that.

Steve Bruce doesn't. He's totally lucked out. And is going to get a fat payoff soon. Hope he goes off to Portugal when that payment comes in, and stays there.

I wouldn't go for that Clotet right now, purely for his lack of management experience. Loads of no 2 exp, looks a bit short of no 1. 

Another thing Bruce has done with his signing of so many old players is make it tougher for any young manager to be appointed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I'm not trying to be smart either TRO, but Steve Bruce doesn't. 

and he has won 313 games out of 827 winging it......come on Dave.

I am being forced to defend him, as opposed to volunteering to.

some of the stuff is questionable aimed at him.

I have seen things on matchday that I am more annoyed about than has been written on here and even I don't resort to some of the criticism of him.

I am beginning to think I wished he would go.....because this club needs unity, but I don't feel any confidence for the next recruit.....unless a rabbit at the bottom of the hat can be found.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

and he has won 313 games out of 827 winging it......come on Dave.

I am being forced to defend him, as opposed to volunteering to.

some of the stuff is questionable aimed at him.

I have seen things on matchday that I am more annoyed about than has been written on here and even I don't resort to some of the criticism of him.

I am beginning to think I wished he would go.....because this club needs unity, but I don't feel any confidence for the next recruit.....unless a rabbit at the bottom of the hat can be found.

TRO I'm not talking about his career I'm talking about his time here. You must have noticed that he rarely reacts to tactical changes that the opposition makes, which is, in my opinion, why we often start on the back foot in the second half. The opposition come out with fresh ideas and tweaks to the way they're approaching the game and we do nothing about it. 

I think your argument is weakened when you try to defend him come what may and suggest that those of us who don't support him are making things up. The fact is we are often very poor in the second half after starting the game relatively well. I agree there is an element of trying to find fault in everything he does or says, but most of the fair criticism of him is more than justified. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Wagner had 4 years managing Dortmund reserves in one stint and then in at Huddersfield 

Clotet seems to have had 13 clubs in 17 years with various sackings along the way

his "successful " periods seem to have been as a number 2 to Laudrup and then Monk ?

I confess I'm only looking at wiki and it may be harsh on Clotet but he doesn't seem to be comparable to Wagner on face / wiki value ?

But Wagner himself hadn't been a number one till someone took a punt on him at Huddersfield , clotet has worked his way up the ladder and this is his first job as manager .

my choice would be jovanovic and I'd hope the club would do all possible to get him - any   manager will be a gamble but I think I'd still prefer a risk on clotet ahead of Bruce .

i do hope the board go for jokanovic though although I fear they will stick with their old school choices.