• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Tapped up for a while to be in so quick. No way we could compete with a premier job for someone at his age.

This is what we should be doing - making moves to line up a replacement to come straight in when Bruce goes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

My shortlist would be the below (not in order of preference), we need a young manager with a football philosophy that can be embedded in the club. We need a manager who can build/rebuild it and not just cobble a side together to get up. 

1. Jokanovic

2. Clotet

3. Hagelsmann

Beyond these three Smith is an obvious and fairly appealing choice but I'd worry that is for the wrong reasons.

I wish we had got Wagner or Silva I really do.

What has brought you to these three?  Jokanovic is probably fairly obvious (he seems to be a good manager!) but Clotet is in his first real managerial job, certainly at any kind of testing level and I have no idea who Hagelsmann is.

What are options 2. and 3. like as managers?

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He be gone by wednesday im sure of that, as we wont beat boro

I think your right. I don't think we are that stupid not to have someone lined up either. We need to get promoted, Xia knows this. A loss at Middlesboro will see him gone.  I'm not sure the players want him anymore than we do either, be interesting in the way we lose tomorrow.

Don't know why, but I got a feeling it might be Pardew.

On 9/9/2017 at 20:40, TRO said:

our work off the ball is shocking both offensively and defensively.....as individuals they only get remotely interested when they have the ball and they play as individuals rarely having any telepathy for each others play

We made Brentford look like a decent team

Pete, every team in the leagues are good.....if you let them be

I absolutely agee . I 100% think the responsibility/blame for this situation lies with the manager and his coaches. There's no universal lack of effort, there's a universal lack of a plot. When we've played well, it's been the exception and has come as a result of players just clicking with each other, not through any pattern or coached pass and move etc.

If these players were organised properly, they'd be right up at or near the top, and they'd be more confident and you'd have a virtuous circle.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

It worries me that there are no strong rumors or links, or sightings, or leaks.  

I agree, here's no rumors circulating or leaks from within Villa park. It's quite disturbing as it all points to the donut still being there for a while. 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Would Frank De Boer be an option, had a bad start at Palace but before that he was manager of Ajax and won four titles there.

I'm not sure. He failed because it was too big of a jump to get the palace players to adopt to his methods of playing.

He would need to be a magician for it to work quick enough here!

2 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

I agree, here's no rumors circulating or leaks from within Villa park. It's quite disturbing as it all points to the donut still being there for a while. 

I wouldn't worry. palace had no idea De Boer was on his way with Woy coming in.

Whoever he is. He needs to do a six things

1) do tactics, and  get coaches that will help him choose tactics 

2) get coaches that can teach players how to follow those tactics

3) attack with speed if possible, with numbers if needed, with goals scored whatever it takes

4) tell Terry  "you're old, you're not on the pitch because you're an athlete   You're on the pitch because you know how to push a winning group of perfectionists   Push these lads like you would if you were still at Chelsea   If you don't do that, Bree and Chester are both better athletes at this point    Be the defense general and take no shit from the back line or keeper   A clean sheet gets you a bonus, goals conceded gets you finished with your career on a losing note "

5) if any player doesn't give 100% effort, re-start the bomb squad   This one I expect some to argue, but the history of this is too recent   Taking a loss on one player that gives less than 100% will set the standard and save a dozen others.   

6) get promoted  

Edited by srsmithusa
spelling
  • Like 1

Cant believe people are on about deBoer, he only knows the Ajax way. The dutch league only has 3 teams in it and it's a shit league. Ajax have been playing the same way and have their youth system in place for decades. deBoer tried to implement the Ajax way at Inter and it was a total disaster, he then tried it at Palace and it was a total disaster. The Ajax way is works at Ajax as they have been doing it that way for about 30 years and it can't be copied over night. Ajax promotes from within the club, all the Ajax players have played football that way since they were about 6 years old. Could you imagine him rocking up at Villa Park with his brand of total football? Our lot can barely string 3 passes together never mind 30 or 40. It also requires movement, our lot can't even move for a throw in. It would be a disaster, having said that I imagine XIa and Wyness would probably go for it as between them they don't seem to have any clue how to run a football club.

Edited by KHV

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

I absolutely agee . I 100% think the responsibility/blame for this situation lies with the manager and his coaches. There's no universal lack of effort, there's a universal lack of a plot. When we've played well, it's been the exception and has come as a result of players just clicking with each other, not through any pattern or coached pass and move etc.

If these players were organised properly, they'd be right up at or near the top, and they'd be more confident and you'd have a virtuous circle.

Most Villa fans would agree with you Blandy. This has been obvious since well before the end of last season, and yet the two people who are paid very good money to both regulate and oversee the football side of things have failed to act, or even acknowledge that there's a problem.

• Like 1