VT'ers Dieting Thread

Midfielder

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Well done @lapal_fan and @mottaloo

I need to sort my shit out. Just polished off half a pack of coconut rings. *sigh*

Coconut rings are pure addictive filth !!

Thanks for the compliment dude. I am doing well but i have to confess that I'm meeting up with a couple of sikh mates later today and you know how THAT'S gonna end up :D

Have had probs putting up pics on here lately so i will try but if all else fails then be assured that I'll be gorging on a meat fest ! Fnarr !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

2lbs loss this week.

19lbs in total.

I am now 14st 3lbs.

I'm desperate to get into that 13st threshold - I'll be having my first takeaway since I started this diet as a reward.  5 weeks into it now.

Feeling good.

Excellent mate, an inspiration. 

What do you have for brekkie? I'm always ravenous in the morning. If I could have something healthy and filling it would help me a lot!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

What do you have for brekkie? I'm always ravenous in the morning. If I could have something healthy and filling it would help me a lot!

Okay well i can only speak for myself and right now it might not be the most appropriate breakfast on this mild weather but i love porridge.

Now, it's not the oats so simple sachets but the jumbo rolled oats (flahavans), 35g, skimmed milk to cover it in the bowl and 2 mins in the microwave. Add fruit raisins or a bit of jam to taste. Some use water instead of milk but that's hardcore in my book.

Sets me up til lunchtime.

• Like 1

If you find that warm oats are too warming during the warmer months, i recommend overnight oats. Half milk and half natural yoghurt in the fridge over night with whatever toppings (fruit/seeds) Thickens up overnight and just eat cold during a lovely hot morning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

50g of porridge oats cooked with water for 2 minutes in the microwave. Add a bit of milk after for consistency and cooling. 

Add fruit for flavour. Or flavoured whey protein is a favourite of mine. Try to avoid adding sugar, as nice as it is. 

It doesn't seem a lot, but it fills you up all morning

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

50g of porridge oats cooked with water for 2 minutes in the microwave. Add a bit of milk after for consistency and cooling. 

Add fruit for flavour. Or flavoured whey protein is a favourite of mine. Try to avoid adding sugar, as nice as it is. 

It doesn't seem a lot, but it fills you up all morning

One wholegrain tortilla wrap, break a large egg on to it. Microwave for 90 seconds then add hot sauce. Eat while walking to the bus stop.

260kcal and 5g of fibre. And some exercise :mrgreen: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Cheers mate!

Been having overnight oats.

Get a take away container, cover the bottom with oats (Quaker are fine), then on top, cover with fat free yoghurt (you can see which ones are "syn" free (slimming world), you can get some nice flavours - then finally, into of that, put berries and cherries etc on top.  I use frozen fruit bought from lidl or tesco. Put in the fridge overnight, the next morning the yoghurt absorbs into the oats, fattening them up - absolutely delicious. 

If I have that, then I'm fine until 1pm if I eat it at 8.30ish. 

If I'm not hungry, I'll get along with black coffee, that alone is often enough for me until 12. Only 1 or 2 cups. 

But the BEST diet of all, stay busy.  I've gone a whole day on 2 bananas and an apple before.  Not healthy long term obviously, but if you want to speed up fat loss, a day or two slips by and you'll be okay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

But the BEST diet of all, stay busy.  I've gone a whole day on 2 bananas and an apple before.  Not healthy long term obviously, but if you want to speed up fat loss, a day or two slips by and you'll be okay. 

One of the days you're going to wake up on the floor wondering what's going on  with a crowd of people around you.

• Like 1

So started my diet when I got back from on America (luckily despite eating burgers burritos and steak a lot didn't put on weight as hiked a lot) 2 weeks ago. 

I started just over 15 stone which is my heaviest but been at that weight before. I've lost nearly a half a stone, but I always lose quickly at the beginning. Now is the hard part where I've got to lose more.

Im trying to keep below 1500 calories a day which during the week is fairly easy, but it's the weekend where it's hard as not at work. 

On top of the lower calories been walking every day so hopefully see more come off.

• Like 2

A colleague of mine swears by a water fasting diet once every quarter. He'll go a whole week on only water and supplements, and he keeps claiming that it's the best thing he's ever decided to do. He says that his brain power and energy peaks around the third day because the body doesn't use so much energy on breaking down food. Has anyone tried something similar? It sounds a bit like mumbo jumbo to me, but there are several case studies that say that inducing fasting is one of the more healthy thing you can do to your body.

My diet is generally everything in moderation, I eat a lot on days where I exercise but I find that it doesn't seem to be affect my weight. I never really eat take out and make a lot of the food that we eat from scratch. I often have a smoothie in the morning with 1 banana, 50g of oats, almond milk, frozen berries (I buy the big packets at asda that cost £3) and a couple of dates. This keeps me full well into the afternoon. I also try to eat whole grain wherever I can, be it pasta, rice or bread. I think longer lasting carbohydrates are one of the main reasons I keep my weight stable.

On top of that I supplement a lot with whatever is in season in our veg garden, around this time of the year I eat copious amounts of garlic, herbs, zucchini, leafy greens and peas. A favourite of mine is a raw cashew pesto with lots of garlic, some strong cheese like mature cheddar, parsley, basil and good olive oil. Whizz it for a few minutes in the food processor and add to wholegrain pasta. It is something that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

A colleague of mine swears by a water fasting diet once every quarter. He'll go a whole week on only water and supplements, and he keeps claiming that it's the best thing he's ever decided to do. He says that his brain power and energy peaks around the third day because the body doesn't use so much energy on breaking down food. Has anyone tried something similar? It sounds a bit like mumbo jumbo to me, but there are several case studies that say that inducing fasting is one of the more healthy thing you can do to your body.

All he's doing is starving himself. Anyone would lose weight not eating any food for a week. I doubt there's any science behind that.

The diet was sabotaged again today.

Called to the control room expecting to grab the master keys and unlock some doors for someone, turns out one of the lads had brought in a load of chicken pakora, katlama and chicken curry. My refusal didn't last long enough for me leave before I demolished a large helping of everything. Came home and there was a plate of chilli waiting for me, absolutely stuffed.

I think I've hit the stage where the easy weight has gone and my love of food is winning over my motivation to get rid of this last stone or two.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, V01 said:

The diet was sabotaged again today.

Called to the control room expecting to grab the master keys and unlock some doors for someone, turns out one of the lads had brought in a load of chicken pakora, katlama and chicken curry. My refusal didn't last long enough for me leave before I demolished a large helping of everything. Came home and there was a plate of chilli waiting for me, absolutely stuffed.

I think I've hit the stage where the easy weight has gone and my love of food is winning over my motivation to get rid of this last stone or two.

Keep fighting it, it will come off

Really happy with my weight loss since i started last month. 

01/06/17 - 16st - 8.

10/06/17 - 16st - 3.

18/06/17 - 15st -11.

25/06/17 - 15st - 8.

01/07/17 - 15st -6.

I've not done any exercise at all yet, and I've not massively changed what i eat. What i have done is make sure i take a packed lunch to work every day (normally a yogurt and a couple fruits), so i don't end up in Greg's, or at the chippy. And the big change i guess is knocking the booze on the head. I would normally have 2 or 3 beers after work every night, I've not had a single beer all month. 

The last week or 2 has really slowed up after a really good start. I guess you always lose more at the beginning? And i suppose I'll need to get in the gym if i want to keep it up.

my aim is 14st. 

Edited by av1

On 6/30/2017 at 20:48, lapal_fan said:

Get a take away container, cover the bottom with oats (Quaker are fine), then on top, cover with fat free yoghurt (you can see which ones are "syn" free (slimming world), you can get some nice flavours - then finally, into of that, put berries and cherries etc on top.  I use frozen fruit bought from lidl or tesco. Put in the fridge overnight, the next morning the yoghurt absorbs into the oats, fattening them up - absolutely delicious. 

Quaker oats, fat free natural yogurt and dried fruit purchased. 

Do you put milk in yours with the yogurt?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Quaker oats, fat free natural yogurt and dried fruit purchased. 

Do you put milk in yours with the yogurt?

Just yogurt on the oats mate.

Because of the time in the fridge, the oats will soften.

• Like 1

My daily weigh in was 0.5 kg lower than yesterday despite stuffing my face again yesterday. Taken me back above 15st but only just. Going to try to have a good deficit today to make up some of the difference from earlier in the week. 

22 hours ago, av1 said:

Really happy with my weight loss since i started last month. 

01/06/17 - 16st - 8.

10/06/17 - 16st - 3.

18/06/17 - 15st -11.

25/06/17 - 15st - 8.

01/07/17 - 15st -6.

I've not done any exercise at all yet, and I've not massively changed what i eat. What i have done is make sure i take a packed lunch to work every day (normally a yogurt and a couple fruits), so i don't end up in Greg's, or at the chippy. And the big change i guess is knocking the booze on the head. I would normally have 2 or 3 beers after work every night, I've not had a single beer all month. 

The last week or 2 has really slowed up after a really good start. I guess you always lose more at the beginning? And i suppose I'll need to get in the gym if i want to keep it up.

my aim is 14st. 

Yes you always lose more at the start.

Don't worry about slowing up. 1lb a week is perfectly normal and is a good rate to lose at. As long as you're averaging about that then you're ok.

Good work so far.