VT'ers Dieting Thread

Midfielder

I had a good few weeks but struggling recently. Main problem is I eat out quite a bit. On Friday I had breakfast, lunch and dinner out (a deli, Boston Tea Party and Giraffe respectively) and also ate out on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. 

Plus its looking like an Indian mixed grill on Friday and breakfast, lunch and dinner out this Saturday as well as brekkie out on Sunday. 

My waist and wallet would be better served if I didn't do that so often

• 2 weeks later...

Lost 8-9 kg since July 1st. Three years of neglect erased in six weeks. The plan is to lose another five before I start adding some muscle mass. I feel absolutely terrific. 

The difficult bit starts tomorrow, though, as I'm back to work after eight weeks off and both my diet and work outs will be much harder to maintain. I expect the next 5kg to take at least as long as the first nine, probably longer, but I'm fine with that as long as I keep making progress. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Lost 8-9 kg since July 1st. Three years of neglect erased in six weeks. 

Bloody hell mate! Chopped a leg off?

That's some going!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Bloody hell mate! Chopped a leg off?

That's some going!

I've averaged less than 1800 cals in per day and covered about 70 km/week plus weights once a week. 

Having 8 weeks off work with a two year old at home, I needed a project to keep me sane :) 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Apparently your're meant to eat 2000 calories a day, but I don't eat anywhere near even half that, and I'm tall. Even on a day where I feel like I've eaten a lot to the point that it's made me feel bad I won't have eaten anywhere near 2000. Recently I watched some videos on youtube of people challenging themselves to eat 10,000 calories in 24 hours, of the ones I watched I don't think any managed to actually do it.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently your're meant to eat 2000 calories a day, but I don't eat anywhere near even half that, and I'm tall. Even on a day where I feel like I've eaten a lot to the point that it's made me feel bad I won't have eaten anywhere near 2000. Recently I watched some videos on youtube of people challenging themselves to eat 10,000 calories in 24 hours, of the ones I watched I don't think any managed to actually do it.

Pah, 2000 is a light lunch 😉

Edited by LakotaDakota

Â