General Election 2017

ender4

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

Or maybe, they you know, made it up?

There's a comment btl in an Independent story about him that says he has net worth of £915k.  I suspect it's a misreading of that.

Edited by peterms
undervaluing the poor soul by thousands, now corrected

Did the Maybot have some weird 'stirrings' today? Asking people to imagine Corbyn alone and naked?

I think we briefly saw a glimpse of her cold dark psyche today.

Not a people person. Likes the idea of being a bloody awkward woman. Jobs for boys and jobs for girls. Meeting with a 'pastor' that carries out exorcisms to cure people of gay. Now she thinks of Corbyn left naked and alone. Bit weird really.

If a male political leader had suggested we all think of her naked and alone...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Good point,  plays on the man's physic IMO.  She would not say it if Corbyn was 6 foot 3 and a bodybuilder so that's her level of attack I think.    

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Did the Maybot have some weird 'stirrings' today? Asking people to imagine Corbyn alone and naked?

I think we briefly saw a glimpse of her cold dark psyche today.

Not a people person. Likes the idea of being a bloody awkward woman. Jobs for boys and jobs for girls. Meeting with a 'pastor' that carries out exorcisms to cure people of gay. Now she thinks of Corbyn left naked and alone. Bit weird really.

I thought it was a reference to Nye Bevan's line about "Do not send me naked into the conference chamber".

But perhaps I should get out more.

Just now, peterms said:

I thought it was a reference to Nye Bevan's line about "Do not send me naked into the conference chamber".

But perhaps I should get out more.

I would accept that from a 'thinker', from someone that knows their political reference points.

She ain't deep, she's pervy. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

choice

and therefore it should have full VAT

Saves the country money.  Should be a tax rebate if anything....

1 hour ago, peterms said:

There's a comment btl in an Independent story about him that says he has net worth of £915k.  I suspect it's a misreading of that.

I suspect you're right.  They've probably added up the net assets of his four companies and got to that.  

Just now, Risso said:

Saves the country money.  Should be a tax rebate if anything....

If not providing a state education system saves the country, I have a great idea whereby we can become as rich as Somalia.

49 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Even the most hardened labour supporters have to admit the interview with Emma Barnett was cringeworthy. 

Cringeworthy for Emma Barnett yes. She really embarrassed herself. Corbyn shouldn't have to anticipate a trap when just giving an interview to a radio show. Previously it would be a discussion where if the interviewer didn't already know the figures they would allow the guest to check. Everyone now wants to get their name out by catching out a Labour MP.

Corbyn did **** all wrong. He had the information on his iPad if he needed to check which he did. She then made it into a problem instead of a non event which it should have been.

I absolutely guarantee that if it were May I'd be saying the same thing. 

• Like 2

what, he was trapped? did he not expect that question? It would be like Alex Ferguson being interviewed after Palace 1 utd 1 in 1995 

Well Alex that was tough, 1 all not a bad result what about the Kung fu kick.

well bugger me I didn't think you were going to ask me about that.

Now he's having to defend  Emma Barnett from all the corbynistas for being Jewish from all the twitter hate.

Edited by colhint
not finished

22 minutes ago, peterms said:

Baring in mind the usual caveats about polls, but interesting all the same:

If this happened, surely she couldn't continue as PM?

To u-turn, call a snap election and in doing so reduce the government from a majority to a minority would be abject failure.

• Like 3

Just now, a m ole said:

If this happened, surely she couldn't continue as PM?

To u-turn, call a snap election and in doing so reduce the government from a majority to a minority would be abject failure.

It won't happen.

But in the exceptionally unlikely event it did they'd have to pull the keys to No. 10 from her cold dead hands. She'd try to purge the party before giving in. Her whole persona is dictatorial, do as I say... and those types of people rarely walk from power.

Â