Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

Preparations for this strongly assumed Russian assault in the new year I guess.

It’s been cleverly played by Zelensky / The West. “We know what you’re planning to do and we’re waiting and prepared for it”.

That’s bound to be terrifying for these newly trained conscripts who’ll be marched to their quick, certain deaths.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

To procure patriots and likely push for main battle tanks I gather. Imagine what 50 abrams or leopards could do against the now battered Russian army.

Heck, the US could probably donate the many older 80's M1s that are standing around in storage and they'd still steamroll Russia.

Could they work in the short term, though, given the soft ground surface? They's be limited if restricted to roads/ urban areas, no?

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Could they work in the short term, though, given the soft ground surface? They's be limited if restricted to roads/ urban areas, no?

Yes. Well at least on roads and in areas where there's been below zero in the night time for a month now (Bakhmut for example, or Svatove). The rasputitsa isn't as widespread the further you get from the Dnipro-basin, and the East of Ukraine is generally much more solid during winter than the areas around Kyiv. The steppe country that starts in Donbass is much more solid in general, with grassland having much deeper roots than plowed and farmed fields. Some areas have also not had the kind of precipitation required to make it a 1943 style mud fest.

• Thanks 2

A lot of bullshit propaganda going around showing newly built apartments in Mauriupol. All fake. 

This is the reality.

Somehow I do not see Russia holding on to this City and I'm not sure that has ever been their objective. Quite horrendous really when you consider all they have done is murder and destroy. There is no liberation, no defence and no rebuild. Just death.   

39 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I just started watching and the first thing the translator said was “soon sarmat will be placed on combat readiness ”.

Suspect, they only signed the production contract for Sarrmat missiles in August this year. To the best of anyone's knowledge, they tested 1 missile

43 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I just started watching and the first thing the translator said was “soon sarmat will be placed on combat readiness ”. Nutter

And still they ignore the fact Ukraine didn't want to be a Russian state. That Ukraine is Ukraine and not Russia. Divs! 

Tomorrow marks the day where Russia (not including their sham 'republics') has lost 100.000 soldiers in this war. Putin doing his usual bs shows that he's starting to be pressured by this number.

Give it time to trickle down to the masses and this'll be the end for him. Ukrainian artillerists around Bakhmut essentially conduct turkey shoots every day and contribute to over half of the KIA daily. Russia as a nation won't survive having lost the few productive men they have left in this manner.

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Tomorrow marks the day where Russia (not including their sham 'republics') has lost 100.000 soldiers in this war. Putin doing his usual bs shows that he's starting to be pressured by this number.

That figure doesn't include Wagner PMC either from what I was reading

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

That figure doesn't include Wagner PMC either from what I was reading

Yeah, add Wagner and the two loony 'republics' and it's probably 130.000. The new set of ATGM strikes on groups of Wagnerites show that Russia is sending whatever they can into the grinder Napoleon style. No training, no gear, no tactics, just mindlessly walking in a group straight into incoming fire.

Edited by magnkarl

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure if it includes Rosvgardia either

Hard to say, though I do wonder how Ukraine differentiates an 'army' Russian from a Rosgvardia when they're essentially equipped with tatters, rusty AK-47's and their grandmother's mink fur hat no matter what their actual deployment group is.

Wagner seems to have a tad slightly better gear, but it seems to be given to people who'll walk in a clustered group into incoming ATGM or artillery fire..

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Hard to say, though I do wonder how Ukraine differentiates an 'army' Russian from a Rosgvardia when they're essentially equipped with tatters, rusty AK-47's and their grandmother's mink fur hat no matter what their actual deployment group is.

Wagner seems to have a tad slightly better gear, but it seems to be given to people who'll walk in a clustered group into incoming ATGM or artillery fire..

I haven't seen it much recently (but I haven't been looking for it) The UAF used to remove the regimental patches from the uniforms to identify the unit

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Luhansk and Donetsk. The bits of Ukraine Russia occupied and declared Independent Republics. Then mobilised all the men from there

Aren't the men from there generally Ukrainian and Ukrainian supporting?  So would they fight against Ukraine, or are they being forced to?

Just now, ender4 said:

Aren't the men from there generally Ukrainian and Ukrainian supporting?  So would they fight against Ukraine, or are they being forced to?

They will have had no option apart from the ones that were Pro-russian who formed themselves into the defence forces of the so called republics. You've seen Igor Girkin mentioned in here, he was the leader of the Donetsk militias and was also very active in Crimea when the Russians annexed it. There were a few thousand of those from each of the two regions

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Luhansk and Donetsk have been in turmoil for years. An insurgency of Russians through bribes to establish Authority and dominance over Ukrainians has been happening long before the Russian invasion proper. 

The Russian plan is very simple, take over like the mafia. Terrorise villages, towns etc. Make those opposed silent through controlling warlords/governors and then start to bring your own in, to reinforce your position. Basic take over tactics. 

Â