• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Bakhmut is the hill that Russia is dying on, 200 soldiers a day.

Good news... I heard they had broken into the City only 3 days ago with heavy street skirmishes taking place. I heard they'd been pushed out the last 48 hours or so, but not that far. Interestingly, the Russians are trying to encircle the City as well but aren't having much luck with that either.  

17 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Good news... I heard they had broken into the City only 3 days ago with heavy street skirmishes taking place. I heard they'd been pushed out the last 48 hours or so, but not that far. Interestingly, the Russians are trying to encircle the City as well but aren't having much luck with that either.  

The issue for Russia is that they've tried to move their heavy artillery outside HIMARs and M777 range, meaning that they can't actually support their own pushes with artillery. It makes their infantry extremely vulnerable, and it only takes Ukraine a couple of days of pelting their newly gained positions before the Russians retreat again. Wagner are churning an enormous amount of men by just trying to hold onto their positions. 

Igor Girkin is extremely worried that the next push from Ukraine will be a bloodbath for Russia as there's no fire support, no logistics and due to the fact that Russian positions are essentially full of freezing, sick and dying men with little to no morale. Soldiers likely won't even bother retreating as it will mean walking in open fields with no cover in -15 degrees. General winter will probably kill more Russians than Ukraine for the next two months.

I wonder what would potentially happen if Belarus entered the war. Russia has been moving troops and equipment there for months and now Putin and Luka are meeting.

Potentially NATO could tell Luka that if they enter the war NATO would show Putin how one deposes a leader. I presume the Belarussian army would surrender in 12 hours, and a NATO special forces team would have Luka in the Hague in no time.

Meanwhile Zelensky is in Bakhmut, the hottest part of the front, inspiring his courageous troops. Luka and Putin are holding a comedy club event in their bunker in Minsk..

Edited by magnkarl

I am not a militarily expert but I would guess Belarus is like the Russian army but much smaller and with even less weapons. Other than just getting more grunt on the field I would guess it wouldn't help a lot. Lukashenko would basically have to be blackmailed to doing it, surely even he isn't that stupid. Or perhaps he is.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am not a militarily expert but I would guess Belarus is like the Russian army but much smaller and with even less weapons.

Army size 62K

Deployed Army size - 4.5K

Potential to be deployed - maybe double that at a push, certainly less than 10k

Reserve troops 350k (they have no capacity to equip these other than with small arms)

Russia has already pretty much used all Belurus' reserves of vehicles

The Belarus Army is little more than a border protection force

I doubt they'd even reach Chernobyl if they tried. I also seriously doubt they'll try, more likely to depose Luka themselves than go to war against Ukraine.

Ukraine has at least 3 full battalions of Belarusians fighting on their side. Battle hardened and experienced. They themselves will wipe out the Belarus army if they have no Russian support

I think the moment the fat waiter orders troops into conflict a coup will begin to become reality. Belarus doesn't have the numbers, never mind the equipment to impact this conflict for the better. The Belarus border is not only mined to the tits but Ukrainians are heavily fortified now. It would be a massacre. 

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Army size 62K

Deployed Army size - 4.5K

Potential to be deployed - maybe double that at a push, certainly less than 10k

Reserve troops 350k (they have no capacity to equip these other than with small arms)

Russia has already pretty much used all Belurus' reserves of vehicles

The Belarus Army is little more than a border protection force

I doubt they'd even reach Chernobyl if they tried. I also seriously doubt they'll try, more likely to depose Luka themselves than go to war against Ukraine.

Ukraine has at least 3 full battalions of Belarusians fighting on their side. Battle hardened and experienced. They themselves will wipe out the Belarus army if they have no Russian support

I don't think Belarus forces would get over the border before getting beat back. Getting to Chernobyl would pure fantasy. 

I think the coup is the most likely outcome tbh.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think the moment the fat waiter orders troops into conflict a coup will begin to become reality. Belarus doesn't have the numbers, never mind the equipment to impact this conflict for the better. The Belarus border is not only mined to the tits but Ukrainians are heavily fortified now. It would be a massacre. 

What's Rafa got to do with this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Oopsie

The amount of pollution, nature destruction and general misery Vladimir is causing to the world is off the charts. 

I saw a documentary about several of the endemic species around the black sea being totally decimated by this conflict. It's not good at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If this and the Lada one are genuine, I'm gobsmacked. It really does have the feel of Ukrainian propaganda

If it is genuine, it's just beyond words

Old man comes back with stolen IPhone.

150% Genuine.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Zelensky leaving Ukraine for first time to meet Biden at White House tomorrow

To procure patriots and likely push for main battle tanks I gather. Imagine what 50 abrams or leopards could do against the now battered Russian army.

Heck, the US could probably donate the many older 80's M1s that are standing around in storage and they'd still steamroll Russia.

Edited by magnkarl

Â