Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

Anyone who thinks its all Russians getting killed need to look at some of the videos coming out the Country. I've just seen one of a Russian heli blast several Ukrainian military vehicles with live traffic metres away.  This is going to get much nastier imo. The atrocities now being committed will not be forgotten.   

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

13 minutes ago, choffer said:

Belarus must be crackers. Surely they can see what’s already happening to the Russians? You’d have thought they’d have seen the direction this is going in and had second thoughts. 

Belarus is a puppet state of Russia. I don't think they have much choice in the matter. They do what they're told

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Russian currency has collapsed and interest rates pushed to 20%.

That country is going to be a mess very soon.

The more desperate Putin will get, hope the nuke defence missiles are in position and ready as it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Putin dropped one on the Ukraine. This guy's lost it .

Just now, tinker said:

The more desperate Putin will get, hope the nuke defence missiles are in position and ready as it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Putin dropped one on the Ukraine. This guy's lost it .

He’ll be getting lonelier by the hour. The world against him, and the people of Russia quickly turning.

The IIHF or international ice hockey federation will apparently decided to throw out Russia and Belarus from the organization.

No WC or youth WC and Russia are being stripped of next years WC that was to be held in S:t Petersburg.

This one would hurt as both Putin and Lukashenko are passionate hockey fans.

Putin and Lukashenko Score 9 Goals in Hockey Game After Talks

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sne said:

The IIHF or international ice hockey federation will apparently decided to throw out Russia and Belarus from the organization.

No WC or youth WC and Russia are being stripped of next years WC that was to be held in S:t Petersburg.

This one would hurt as both Putin and Lukashenko are passionate hockey fans.

Putin and Lukashenko Score 9 Goals in Hockey Game After Talks

Its a pity FIFA are so gutless along with the IOC,FFS Russia should be thrown out of ALL international sport "including all world cups"for the next 20 years unless they back off immediately.What the west needs is to get the Russian peoples back up against that rocket polisher. 

13 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Danes and Dutch sending over 4000 M72 LAW, an even more high tech version of the javelin. Putin won't have any tanks left soon if this continues..

It’s a very good thing that Germany has had a Damascene conversion, but if Berlin hadn’t blocked the coordination of supply through NATO then many of these weapons would’ve been delivered before the Russian assault. 

Difficult decisions await to keep those supply lines open. 

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Link?

This was just discussed on The World At One, though the specific claim made is that he's there as an intermediary, having been invited by the Ukrainian side (this makes sense to me to be honest, I doubt he'd be worth having from Putin's side). 

Actually The World At One was an incredibly depressing listen. First they had on a guy who used to be close to Putin, a former chief economic advisor I think, now turned dissenter, and he was bigging up the risk of nuclear war and saying there are absolutely no 'adults in the room'. I tend to dismiss stuff like this - dissidents always go above and beyond in denunciations of their former employer - but it was depressing anyway. 

Then the next on was some guy from the defence staff. He was asked about what it would take for us to intervene militarily, but rather than ruling it out, he seemed to be suggesting that if the Russians start using that thermobaric rocket launcher thing they're trundling around that we might have to start at least thinking about it, 'but we have to be clear that if we do that, we're at war with Russia'. 

If for some reason you're a glutton for punishment, you can listen here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0014x75

• Thanks 1

Russian-Israeli billionaire Roman Abramovich, at the request of Ukraine, is in Belarus assisting in the negotiations between Russia and Ukraine as part of an effort to end the ongoing war, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

Jerusalem Post

He might be "there" on the sidelines but not directly involved in talks. 

8 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Ukraine have asked for his intervention. Nothing about him being at the talks.

BBC iPlayer, Radio 4, World at One. Spent about 5 minutes discussing the fact he’s at the talks. 

Why would an oligarch football club owner be at international peace talks? because some Ukrainian businessman asked him to go?!

Edit: it’s always been rumoured he was close to Putin, not least because so many other oligarchs ended up in jail. The fact he’s at this meeting is about as firm a confirmation of that as you can get, imo. 

Edited by Awol

1 minute ago, Awol said:

BBC iPlayer, Radio 4, World at One. Spent about 5 minutes discussing the fact he’s at the talks. 

Why would an oligarch football club owner be at international peace talks? because some Ukrainian businessman asked him to go?! Who do you think is in charge?

All I asked for was a link where I can read about it. Written down.

What I have seen is that he has been asked to help, but it didn't suggest that he was going to be involved in the actual talks.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

Â