• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Belarus supposedly joining Russia and also allowing nuclear weapons in the country again. Not great if true.

I honestly dont think Putin is bluffing. Before this all kicked off he clearly stated if the West hindered his progress or got involved in any way there would be repercussions. Since then the whole world has united against him, his armies are taking losses, the West is sending in weapons to help Ukraine stop him, his country has received every sanction possible, Russians dont like him; he’s losing and must be fuming. He’s clearly unhinged and one eyed in his views. What a crazy time to be alive. None of it makes sense, doing what he’s done. Just hope someone from within can put a stop to him.

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I honestly dont think Putin is bluffing. Before this all kicked off he clearly stated if the West hindered his progress or got involved in any way there would be repercussions. Since then the whole world has united against him, his armies are taking losses, the West is sending in weapons to help Ukraine stop him, his country has received every sanction possible, Russians dont like him; he’s losing and must be fuming. He’s clearly unhinged and one eyed in his views. What a crazy time to be alive. None of it makes sense, doing what he’s done. Just hope someone from within can put a stop to him.

Yeah dictators are criminals and psychopaths by nature so we have to prepare ourselves for the worst unfortunately.  I really don't think there are any depths that word removed won't sink to before he is deposed or killed.

Rumours are EU fighters are already delivered to Ukraine. The new f35 is beyond anything Russia has, and will likely be able to completely dismantle supply lines without even being seen.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3415236-eu-to-provide-fighter-jets-to-ukraine.html

"We're going to provide even fighting jets. We're not talking about just ammunition. We are providing more important arms to go to a war," Borrell told a press conference.

Edit: Issue is - can Ukranians fly Western planes? I presume there are some pilots from other countries also being sent?

Edited by magnkarl

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm sticking to my original story I've been told, that a cyber attack could disable a nuke launch. If not, I'm sure there is some serious classified air defense out there that would come into action.

Nuclear launch systems would not be connected to the internet or any standard network system , the only way to hack it would be from any third party infrastructure built into the launch system, I doubt Russia would be that foolish. 

There is a defence system that intercepts missiles thats based in Europe , Poland I think. Destroying a nuke over someone else's country has it draw backs 🙄😖

I lived through the 80's , the nuclear threat was clear and obvious at all times. The evening mail published a map of Birmingham it had zones with levels of destruction at distances from the center of Birmingham, very alarming. 

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Rumours are EU fighters are already delivered to Ukraine. The new f35 is beyond anything Russia has, and will likely be able to completely dismantle supply lines without even being seen.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3415236-eu-to-provide-fighter-jets-to-ukraine.html

Edit: Issue is - can Ukranians fly Western planes? I presume there are some pilots from other countries also being sent?

They’re being sent old MiG-29s (which their pilots know how to fly) by Poland and Bulgaria who are in the process of phasing them out for F16s.

Edited by Panto_Villan

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

The amount of footage of absolute idiocy by Russian troops in this conflict is beyond me. Bad supply lines, sure, but having a whole armored column stopped along a highway stretching several miles due to fuel shortage so close to Russia shows that something is seriously wrong in Putin's machinery..

Turkish drones are reportedly (and this is not verified) having a field day with unprotected columns of lightly defended supply trucks. Russia's tip of the spear is litterally sitting five hours inside a massive country with no fuel, no cohesion with the order to "attack in all directions". It's all starting to look a bit like when Soviet tried to swamp Finland with tanks in the Winter War, the Finns dissappeared into the forests and then carved Soviet columns into 'mottis' without fuel, food and support.

The fear of this Russian army is vastly overstated - they seem more like a dictator's gaggle, like the Syrian tank charge at the Golan heights in the Yom Kippur war. The question is whether or not their dictator will go mental and hit the button. I doubt it.

Here's a video of a large column of V group (where a lot of Chechnya's soldiers are stationed) having been absolutely charred by Javelins and other Western weaponry in Kharkiv. The guy who's filming is showing a vast reportoir of both Russian and Ukrainian swear words.

Edited by magnkarl

13 hours ago, hippo said:

Agreed - no one wants that. But appeasement carries a risk as well. Has to be a doubt that he will stop at Ukraine - If he starts taking on European countries eventually he will get to us - unless someone defeats him.

Best we can hope for is another cold war.

I agree, its a terrifying decision. For me the reality is we now live in a world where the vast majority of us would not get involved and just hope for the best 

Russia's central bank doubles interest rate to 20% to try and counter the hit the rouble.

We were complaining last month our interest rate went from 0.25% to 0.5%

How can the Russian population deal with this?

3 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Russia's central bank doubles interest rate to 20% to try and counter the hit the rouble.

We were complaining last month our interest rate went from 0.25% to 0.5%

How can the Russian population deal with this?

i do feel sorry for the Russian public. They have done nothing wrong and they are the ones that are going to suffer because of their dicator leader

This is going to cause absolute chaos over there 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Nuclear launch systems would not be connected to the internet or any standard network system , the only way to hack it would be from any third party infrastructure built into the launch system, I doubt Russia would be that foolish. 

There is a defence system that intercepts missiles thats based in Europe , Poland I think. Destroying a nuke over someone else's country has it draw backs 🙄😖

I lived through the 80's , the nuclear threat was clear and obvious at all times. The evening mail published a map of Birmingham it had zones with levels of destruction at distances from the center of Birmingham, very alarming. 

The air attack warning sounds like, this is the sound…..,,

• Haha 1

Â