Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I meant Crowley

Dan Crowley will return to Arsenal early from Barnsley after the youngster failed to impress during a loan spell.

The 18-year-old, who captained the Gunners FA Youth Cup team last season and established himself as a mainstay of Arsenal's Under 21 team, was meant to be on loan at Oakwell until January.

However, despite making 13 appearances in all competitions since joining, the Barnsley coaching set-up felt Crowley was struggling to make an impact at the club, and have sent him back to Arsenal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3293586/Arsenal-teenager-Dan-Crowley-sees-loan-spell-Barnsley-cut-short-struggling-make-impact-Oakwell.html#ixzz4guKqlyMz 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3293586/Arsenal-teenager-Dan-Crowley-sees-loan-spell-Barnsley-cut-short-struggling-make-impact-Oakwell.html

• Like 1

Anyone follow Portugese football at all ? Just wondering how Ryan (the Scottish Messi) Gauld is getting on and would he be worth going after ? I remember he was once highly rated but has dropped off the radar somewhat. 

He's just stuck in the Sporting B team, he made a few appearances in the cup for their main team but that's about it. Went on loan to another Portuguese team at start of season and only made 5 appearances.

It reminds me of when Dale Jennings went to Bayern Munich, he's been back a few years and hardly made an impact anywhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He's just stuck in the Sporting B team, he made a few appearances in the cup for their main team but that's about it. Went on loan to another Portuguese team at start of season and only made 5 appearances.

It reminds me of when Dale Jennings went to Bayern Munich, he's been back a few years and hardly made an impact anywhere. 

Didn't dale jennings end up at tranmere or something like that?

He came through at Tranmere and looked excellent, Bayern snapped him up but he only played for their second team and came back after two years and played for Barnsley.

He was released over a year ago and hasn't been picked up by anyone else so no idea what he's doing but looks like football has lost him.

Obviously I want us to improve and sign new players.

But I'm almost at the point that Bruce doesn't deserve to have new signings because he's not playing (correctly at least) with the one's we bought him for Christmas.

I really can't get excited about this transfer window or for next season under Bruce, I just can't.

• Like 4

I've seen Delph suggested.

Seems ridiculous, but if we really are serious about promotion we really need to be going all out for 3 - 4 top quality signings.

Show of intent, as well as making it know that there is only ONE aim.

10 hours ago, skarroki said:

I think Gauld is a good player but I don't know if he'd be willing to come here. Not sure how he'd fit into the team either really. 

Don't worry about him fitting in, that's not in the game plan anyway.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've seen Delph suggested.

Seems ridiculous, but if we really are serious about promotion we really need to be going all out for 3 - 4 top quality signings.

Show of intent, as well as making it know that there is only ONE aim.

Scott Dann

Kieran Westwood (Taking a guess he might be out of contract in the summer)

Charlie Adam

Forresteri.

That would be a very good summer for us.

• Like 1

So it's sell to buy........... hmmm 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/13/steve-bruce-hit-aston-villa-cash-freeze-told-must-sell-can-buy/

Steve Bruce has been hit by a cash freeze at Aston Villa which means he must sell players before he can buy.

The Villa manager held talks with director of football Steve Round and Keith Wyness, the chief executive, on Thursday over the club’s summer strategy and was informed that he can only sign players on loan unless he raises funds himself.

**** FFP !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-hand-steve-bruce-10416675

Steve Bruce has been asked to plot Aston Villa’s Premier League promotion push this summer – on a £1million budget.

Boss Bruce was stunned to learn the details of his summer transfer kitty at a meeting the club’s hierarchy on Thursday.

It appears that this is the money that has been set aside for loan fees, as Villa could be in huge trouble with the new Financial Fair Play regulations that govern the Championship.

**** Steve Bruce 

Edited by thabucks

I am more excited about selling players than buying players atm to be honest.. 1% of our signings in our last 5 years have been any good. Trim the squad, get rid of the garbage, something we have failed to do for at least 3 seasons. 

Jed steer (we dont need as many goalkeepers as we currently have)

Micha Richards

Elphick

Hutton or Da leat - we dont need three right backs, and I'd rather we gambled with Bree than Hutton

Gardner

Gabby

Kozak (think he has already gone) 

McCormack, we cant have three top strikers at the club, we cannot afford it. I think McCormack would work better in a top 2 with Kodija than Hogan seems to do, but no way we are selling Hogan.

plus all the players out on loan (would like Gil to come back, but no way he would succed under Bruce) 

I know some are wishful thinking, but we should do what we can. Surely we are going to have problems with Financial Fair Play next season if we carry on the same we currently are. (well timed comment, just saw the above posts :P

Edited by Chicken Field

We should get around £20m easily from all the deadwood. 

Sanchez - £2.5, Veretout £3m, Amavi £7m, Richards £2m, Gil £3m etc. 

(Yes I've plucked those figures out my arse, but you get the point)

£20m reinvested should easily be enough to get 3-4 good players and a couple of quality loans. 

Many more than that number of players and we're probably falling into the trap of changing too much anyway. 

41 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Shock horror no quotes from the club.

Bruce has said all along anyway that the squad is unbalanced and we need to get rid of some. Such a nothing story.

IMO we did good business overall in Jan-we just haven't used the players effectively.

How many different positions did Thor play in ? We don't play to  Lansbury's & Hourihane's strengths & talents . Hogan is either injured or ineffective due to tactics. Taylor has been good-but his job is to be a defensive left back. 

Bruce really did **** up in Jan/Feb. that's what destroyed our season. He failed miserably given the squad he has at his disposal. 

Big summer ahead( just like every summer;) 

• Like 2