Pre-match thread

BOF

I thought Lee Probert was a Villa fan so wasn't allowed to referee our games?

I seen an interview with Mark Halsby (or whatever his name was) many years ago where he stated this.

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

I seen an interview with Mark Halsby (or whatever his name was) many years ago where he stated this.

If you Google Lee Probert Aston Villa you'll see a few games he has refereed for us in the past so you might be thinking about someone else. 

58 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

A team that couldn't beat Burton Albion at home. Oh yea, they are good.

I'm curious. What do you mean with this post? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

If you Google Lee Probert Aston Villa you'll see a few games he has refereed for us in the past so you might be thinking about someone else. 

Ah yeah, it's Andre Marriner..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1971047/revealed-the-football-teams-every-premier-league-referee-supports

Having said that, Probert is not on the list.. so here's hoping ;p

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Junxs said:

Oh yes, that Arsenal supporting bastard who I've never forgiven for that Henry free kick. 

• Like 3

Yes

The only time I ever wanted to run on the pitch to punch the ref out.

I really had to contain myself.

He literally gave Henry a licence to shoot into an empty net

Sheffield Wednesday have won the FA Cup 3 times, have been league champions 4 times and have won the League Cup once. They are overdue a return to the top flight and it is a pity that we cannot go back up together. 

We really need to return to winning ways on Saturday. A win would leave us just 14 points behind them with 9 games left to play! ;) 

It has been 20 years since our visitors last won at Villa Park in the league (1-0 in 1997). We drew at Villa Park (2-2) the following season and won the next two 2-1. They have won the last three games between the two teams 1-0 (at home in 2000 and at the start of this season as well as in the League Cup in 2001).

The game I will always remember between the two clubs is the 4-0 win at Hillsborough that clinched our return to the top flight in 1975 with goals from Leonard, Little (2) & Ross. What an evening! 

So what will happen on Saturday? Will they win at Villa Park in the league for the first time in 20 years and by so doing make it 4 wins on the trot against us? Or will we beat them 2-1 for the third time on the trot in the league at Villa Park? I think we owe them one for their late winner in our first game of the season. It might not quite be 85-0 but 2-1 again would be nice and it would have them looking over their shoulders at clubs who are below them in the play-off race (if not quite as far below them as us).     

Edited by John

19 hours ago, BOF said:

Training this week involved all being given banjos and being sent to a nearby dairy farm.  So fingers crossed.

It didn't go well. They couldn't get to the cows as they missed the barn door

• Like 1