New Music 2017

Xann

Is this where I sound boring and say I'm looking forward to kasabians new album, I'll end up buying bloc partys latest step in to oblivion, hopefully gorillaz, the national, maybe hopefully everything crossed for some new arctic monkeys by the end of the year

edit: hopefully new Bombay bicycle club this year too and not a clue what's happened to royal blood but if they don't release something soon they could disappear

Edited by villa4europe

Propagandhi coming out with a new album this year.

Really stoked about that as their last two, Supporting Caste and Failed States are both brilliant.

Then again they are always good.

• Like 1

Only listened to one new album so far this year (still catching up on last year) and that's Bonobo's Migration. Don't quite know what to make of it, it feels like he's gone back to a sound reminiscent of his early stuff but with a more refined and grown up approach, which on paper sounds great but in reality ends up sounding a bit safe and restrained. It's good but it's not great, and the video for Kerala makes me feel nauseated. Great running album though. 6/10

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

New Duke Garwood album Garden of Ashes out today. 

Lovely on first listen! 

Ah, cheers for the heads up :thumb:

I'll give that a blast over the weekend.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2017 at 14:45, Xann said:

I love a bit of Blondie.
I like to think that it was me that discovered Blondie and introduced it to the UK. I base this on the fact I bought a Blondie album (Plastic Letters) in a NAAFI supermarket in Germany back in 1970 something. So I had Plastic Letters before Parallel Lines came out. Which I think was a pretty rare thing. I’m not claiming a deep musical insight though. It was there and I had money burning its hole as it does and an itchy spending finger and didn’t have a clue what it was but was desperate to buy something. It looked cool and American.
Also, having since gone back and checked, Plastic Letters wasn’t any sort of official release in Germany and in 1978 certainly wouldn’t have been a big UK seller. So what the hell it was doing in a grocery shop on a military base in Germany I have absolutely no idea. But there it is, there it was. So I bought it. Later that summer, on return to the UK I would surely have been lording it over my mates that didn’t have it. I certainly remember taking it from house to house for my mates to tape. By tape, I mean a microphone in front of the speakers and everyone in the room sat silent. Proper taping.
Anyway, that new Blondie track. With time and health and all that as a given, and the fact they never were the most polished of performers, I still have to say that the quality of the vocals are a bit disappointing. They’ve made me a little bit sad for Debbie’s hey day. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Â