Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

Somehow for me, when a player is a thug, the gloss is taken off how good they really are.  This is where Chiellini is.

Undoubtedly a very good defender but just a horrible piece of work who takes the game right "to the edge".  Some people love this, I really don't.

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Somehow for me, when a player is a thug, the gloss is taken off how good they really are.  This is where Chiellini is.

Undoubtedly a very good defender but just a horrible piece of work who takes the game right "to the edge".  Some people love this, I really don't.

Nah, no way.  I've seen no evidence of him being a thug.  He's tough, but he's not Luis Suarez.  It's like someone combined Paul McGrath and Shaun Teale into one player.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

the only thuggery Chiellini has been involved with on the pitch was when he got bit

I don't think he's a thug, I think he's hard and brave in the same kind of mouldy as john terry but he has even better timing and a better understanding of lines which is very much a part of Italian defending, step in to the line of the ball making it yours and draw the foul, it's not something English defenders seem to do very well 

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the only thuggery Chiellini has been involved with on the pitch was when he got bit

I mean, that's just a lie.

He even elbowed some Monaco player a couple of games ago.

I did think Chellini was a bit overrated a few years back...there was a goal Italy conceded at euro 2012 when he completely let a man free at the back post which cost them a goal.

That said he's part of an amazing unit so it's hard not to put him right up there.

I'd still just pick Bonucci over him. He has the dark arts aswell, can man mark no problem and he has a superb range of passing. Really don't see a more complete all round CB in world football currently than him. I also rate Boateng at Munich quite highly aswell but think Bonucci edges it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He was class.

But for me, Nesta is the best CB.  Nothing phased him.  Fast, strong, tall, read the game well, led great teams.

But for a couple of nasty injuries, he'd have been even better.

post-43123-Boromir-it-is-true-gif-Imgur-

Klassan's a decent technical player but lacks a fair bit of pace. I think a mid table prem team is his level. Same for Traore. Sanchez at the box is supposed to be a tremendous prospect though and I was really impressed by Younes and Dolberg in previous rounds. 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Was he good tonight? I haven't been that impressed by him tbf They have a good young side though! I like Dolberg and Younes

Was Ajax's best player in both games IMO. In the first leg he was amazing.

But you're right, Dolberg and Younes stood out. Especially Dolberg who has shades of Zlatan about his game - the casualness and the talent.

15 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Nah, no way.  I've seen no evidence of him being a thug.  He's tough, but he's not Luis Suarez.  It's like someone combined Paul McGrath and Shaun Teale into one player.

Quite. Every bit my kind of defender, I love players like him. 

• Like 1

think he was well on his way to being a world class RB, for spain him on the right alba on the left...but then chelsea switched him to the left to play ivanovic, then put him back where he should be, then put him right side of a 3

but the fact that he looks good in all positions tells you what you need to know

He has been consistent every position he has played for Chelsea and this season he has popped up with a number of assists in his new position. Cant believe he has played so little for Spain and he is better than Pique, Alba or Carvajal in either position

Â