Match Thread: Villa v Preston

limpid

Just now, VillanousOne said:

defeat snatched from the jaws of victory, Bruce has had long enough.

Has he, though?  He came in to try to fix this club. He inherited a rubbish squad, a rubbish training regime and a rubbish scouting network.  The players were unfit, unqualified and didn't have any passion. He has made some weird decisions, I'll give you that, but his hand is probably forced with the squad he has.  We should give him the summer at least to see where we are (barring a disastrous end to the season)

• Like 2

he will get until the summer, but I've lost faith in his capacity to manage. Losing a 2-0 lead is pathetic, and unprofessional - not like we're playing a top side. Our squad is not that bad. Our manager is proving himself he's past it.

I'm listening to the commentary on the radio and the commentators - which includes Tony Morley - are saying that Gabby is playing the best they've seen him for a very long time. We just haven't continued our first half form - where we absolutely tore them apart - in the second half. 

What I've heard in commentary is that Grealish seems to have made quite a few bad decisions today when we were on the attack. 

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Yeah I'm pissed off but calling for Bruce to go is completely ridiculous. 

He's apparently getting rid of proven goalscorer McCormack after a few months, (whilst sticking with proven noscorer Gabby) so judging someone over a ridiculously short term seems fair game. 

Just now, Rodders said:

this was a must win and he's bottled it. The season's another **** write off. Final few months are a waste of everyone's time

Yep, really can't be arsed with this, immediate promotion was the aim of the game, looks like a total write off already. I have no desire to watch invariably shite performances against utterly shite Championship teams. 

• Like 1