5 years from now?

Dodgyknees

IF someone had of asked me that question at the beginning of the Lerner era, I would not have thought in all that time we would be here.

so I have no idea, where we will be in 5 years.

We are obviously assuming that all the footballing decisions we make will be good....and with Tone it could well be so.

But, we all know what "Assume"stands for.

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Footballers will be even worse pricks than they are now. Let's hope Xia is right in his plans for us so football still will be interesting.

This is why I love watching football at u23 and U18 levels because they don't get ideas above their station. They know that they are playing for their futures, it's a different side to the game which I strongly recommend to other people. It's refreshing to see in today's climate

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

August 2015 he signed a new 5 year contract, according to wiki you were right VILLAMARV. I still think he can be a good player for this football in both the long and short term

SGC

may I remind you AW DIDNT come through our Academy

5 years from now? Deffo in the prem, having spent big the last 3 years (will take us 2 to go up) underperforming for the money spent but just about on the cusp of it all clicking and maybe with a league cup or two under our belts. Tony da man. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

5 years from now? Deffo in the prem, having spent big the last 3 years (will take us 2 to go up) underperforming for the money spent but just about on the cusp of it all clicking and maybe with a league cup or two under our belts. Tony da man. 

Ok.

37 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'd still go if they were in the Ryman Premier League, I love the club to the core

Me too. Been saying this for years. Hope I don't have to prove it though! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

And if we don't?

Stay calm.

Don't sack SB.

Let some go like Ayew, McCormack and Amavi to keep the books balanced.

I think the championship will be a lot weaker next season with what is likely to come down, should be no excuse for auto promotion next season.

Next 5 years...who knows? 5 years ago we'd just beaten Bristol Rovers 3-1 in the cup and were mid table in the prem under McLeish. Teams like Southampton, Bournemouth and Leicester were not in the premier league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Stay calm.

Don't sack SB.

Let some go like Ayew, McCormack and Amavi to keep the books balanced.

I think the championship will be a lot weaker next season with what is likely to come down, should be no excuse for auto promotion next season.

Next 5 years...who knows? 5 years ago we'd just beaten Bristol Rovers 3-1 in the cup and were mid table in the prem under McLeish. Teams like Southampton, Bournemouth and Leicester were not in the premier league.

I agree with you, the Premier League is so strong at the minute, I'm off to bed night folks

If I'm being realistic...

1 year from now - In a very good position at the top end of the Championship, pushing for promotion
2 years from now - In a good position to survive in the Premier League.
3 years from now - I'd happily take being one of the "boring" teams that just sit around comfortably safe, with no real shot at Europe
4/5 years from now - Being around that 60 point mark

This assumes we always progress, which isn't easy in football. But I'd be more than delighted with that. 

Realistically I'd like to be back in the premiership and stable, looking to push on to bigger and better things in the next 5 years. If we don't get out of the Championship within the first 2 seasons it will be interesting to see how we all cope with the situation - we could be trapped down here for some time in that case.

5 years from now?

- Gabby in the 2nd year of another improved 4 year contract.

- Villa Park groundsman in 5th-year-running award for "Best ground in English football".

- After many painful sessions under the laser, Randy Lerner finally has the AVFC tattoo completely removed.

- Player dropped for poor performances 6 months ago suddenly becomes the VT favourite to fix our problems in that position "if only the manager would give him enough playtime"

- In a TV deal which sky says "is best for all concerned", all PL games are only played in either Manchester, Liverpool or London.

- Villa win a game 85 - 0

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

This is why I love watching football at u23 and U18 levels because they don't get ideas above their station. They know that they are playing for their futures, 

Tell that to Hepburn-Murphy! ;)

• Like 1

Five years from now - top 8 in premier league.

the top clubs now are increasing their stadiums and will be getting 60, 000 plus each week and along with the revenue from champions league etc it will be very hard to close that gap on the top 6 .

maybe we will have to settle for top 8 and the odd cup run for the foreseeable  future when we do recover our place in the premier .

Â