5 years from now?

Dodgyknees

I would like us to be stable in the Premier League.

Expectations by then should be top ten consistently. 

We should have good structure behind the scenes and we should be a well run club. I.E knowledgeable scouts.

We should only sell players because it is an offer to good to refuse AND WE USE THE $ TO MAKE US BETTER.

We should only buy players because they improve us and bring what we are looking for NOT BECAUSE SOME CLUELESS WORD REMOVED THINKS ITS A GOOD IDEA. 

Id hope by then Jack Gresford has become a club champion on the way to legend status. 

It would be nice to have won a cup or at the very least had a good run.

It would be nice to qualify for Europe and not lose to the same piss weak team 2 years in a row in the first round. 

Oh and it would be nice if we havnt been through 17 managers in those 5 years. In fact I'd be happy if Bruce was still in charge cos that would mean he was doing an excellent job. 

Last but most importantly I would like Aston Villa to have a training camp in Australia preferably in Adelaide so I can see my team play just once live. 

That just about covers it.

I would like to be back in the Premier League and challenging up near the top with a team to watch that is full of fighters and who I can be proud to support. 

I would like that but I think we will be more like nearing the rebuilding stage and be somewhere mid-table and with a complete new squad that is still trying to settle. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

We should have good structure behind the scenes and we should be a well run club. I.E knowledgeable scouts.

We should only sell players because it is an offer to good to refuse AND WE USE THE $ TO MAKE US BETTER.

We should only buy players because they improve us and bring what we are looking for NOT BECAUSE SOME CLUELESS WORD REMOVED THINKS ITS A GOOD IDEA. 

Id hope by then Jack Gresford has become a club champion on the way to legend status. 

It would be nice to qualify for Europe and not lose to the same piss weak team 2 years in a row in the first round. 

Oh and it would be nice if we havnt been through 17 managers in those 5 years. In fact I'd be happy if Bruce was still in charge cos that would mean he was doing an excellent job. 

Last but most importantly I would like Aston Villa to have a training camp in Australia preferably in Adelaide so I can see my team play just once live. 

So basically be West Brom? I'd like to think we'll be in a slightly better position than those filthy animals!

I just want to see us get promoted and see what the good Doctors real intentions are.

I want us to start making inroads into reclaiming the 'won the League Cup the most times' title. That trophy is ours.

And at some point, I need... desperately need to see Villa lift the FA Cup as winners. Just once in my lifetime please... I'm 42 now, the bucket list is being lived already.

Surely now, this is the longest period in our history without winning a league, FA Cup or League Cup?

Edited by Raver50032

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

So basically be West Brom? I'd like to think we'll be in a slightly better position than those filthy animals!

I just want to see us get promoted and see what the good Doctors real intentions are.

Um....

When have West brom won a cup

When have West brom qualified for Europe

When have West Brom consistently finished in the top 10

Nothing in my post infers that I'm content being anything like West Brom

Glad we got that clear.

Just to support my confusion on your post

West Brom....

Last cup - 48 years ago

Last European qualification - 35 years ago

Last consecutive top 10 finishes - 37 years ago

AND relegated multiple times from the top division

Edited by Villan_of_oz

29 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Um....

When have West brom won a cup

When have West brom qualified for Europe

When have West Brom consistently finished in the top 10

Nothing in my post infers that I'm content being anything like West Brom

Glad we got that clear.

Just to support my confusion on your post

West Brom....

Last cup - 48 years ago

Last European qualification - 35 years ago

Last consecutive top 10 finishes - 37 years ago

AND relegated multiple times from the top division

Statto much? You just stood up and shouted out the punchline mid joke at a stand up show.

I was kidding mate, chill your beans.

11 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Statto much? You just stood up and shouted out the punchline mid joke at a stand up show.

I was kidding mate, chill your beans.

What??

Maybe you shouldve just posted your thoughts on the question without quoting me as I have no idea what your getting at. 

By all means enjoy quoting people for no apparent reason. If thats what give ya your giggles.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

What??

Maybe you shouldve just posted your thoughts on the question without quoting me as I have no idea what your getting at. 

By all means enjoy quoting people for no apparent reason. If thats what give ya your giggles.

I mean you take things far too seriously my man, in 5 years time I fully expect us to be the same buy to sell club we've been for the last 25 years, hopefully in the Premiere league, but until Tony invests 20x what he already has we will be in West broms shadow unfortunately. Bitter pill to swallow but it's the truth.

54 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

I want us to start making inroads into reclaiming the 'won the League Cup the most times' title. That trophy is ours.

And at some point, I need... desperately need to see Villa lift the FA Cup as winners. Just once in my lifetime please... I'm 42 now, the bucket list is being lived already.

Surely now, this is the longest period in our history without winning a league, FA Cup or League Cup?

'A' League? So including the 2nd and 3rd division titles............

Yes I think it is. 21 years and counting (we are not talking about the intertoto!!) longer than the 18 seasons between winning the FA cup in 1920 and the 2nd division title in 1938

If we are only talking division 1 titles however and take the 1938 2nd division title off the table then it's a huge run spanning over WWII  1919/20 FA CUP - 1956/57 FA CUP Which I believe stands at 30 years due to the 7 seasons cancelled due to the war.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sounds a lot like Southampton which in my opinion is a very good model to follow.

They've also had a good run in the league cup, qualified for Europe last season, and will probably do so again this year in my opinion. The only problem is that we are playing catch up. They've been doing it for close to 10 years now if not more and by the time we catch up football could have changed as it always does and this method might have been improved upon. I'd like us to be an evolving progressive club who is always looking to the future with regards to best way to move forward. 

• Like 1

Â