5 years from now?

Dodgyknees

4 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I mean you take things far too seriously my man, in 5 years time I fully expect us to be the same buy to sell club we've been for the last 25 years, hopefully in the Premiere league, but until Tony invests 20x what he already has we will be in West broms shadow unfortunately. Bitter pill to swallow but it's the truth.

Most of that is your opinion which is fine you should've posted it as such.

Not too serious mate just didnt take kindly to saying i wanted to be like West Brom.

This has gone on way too long it started off me posting my opinion on where I would like to be in five years.......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Sounds a lot like Southampton which in my opinion is a very good model to follow.

They've also had a good run in the league cup, qualified for Europe last season, and will probably do so again this year in my opinion. The only problem is that we are playing catch up. They've been doing it for close to 10 years now if not more and by the time we catch up football could have changed as it always does and this method might have been improved upon. I'd like us to be an evolving progressive club who is always looking to the future with regards to best way to move forward. 

Southampton was who I thought of when I tried to think of a similar team. 

However you are spot on in saying we should be the innovators and follow a model that we create that works well for us.

I would like us to have a great playing atmosphere, in which players outside looking in dream about playing for the Villa, and would be prepared to take a pay cut just to play for the mighty claret and blue.

Also, it would be nice to be the only club in Birmingham, as the Blose dissolve due to lack of fan support. It becomes revealed that Blose fans only support their team just to spite Villa, and couldn't care less about their team, so they channel their interests into professional croquet, candy crush and online poker instead.

Edited by AJ
Typo

9 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

I want us to start making inroads into reclaiming the 'won the League Cup the most times' title. That trophy is ours.

And at some point, I need... desperately need to see Villa lift the FA Cup as winners. Just once in my lifetime please... I'm 42 now, the bucket list is being lived already.

Surely now, this is the longest period in our history without winning a league, FA Cup or League Cup?

We went 37 years between winning FA Cups between 1920 and 1957- thought they did win league 2 championship in 1938 and there was the war for about 6 of those years.

At present it is 22 years and counting to our next trophy- unless the play off final counts.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

We went 37 years between winning FA Cups between 1920 and 1957- thought they did win league 2 championship in 1938 and there was the war for about 6 of those years.

At present it is 22 years and counting to our next trophy- unless the play off final counts.

Not for me it doesn't, I don't know how others feel on the matter. At the sty, they'd have an open top bus if they won the play offs

14 hours ago, DK82 said:

Where do you want us to be as a club?

I'd like us to be one of the better premier league clubs again, sadly I think we will still be in the championship

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Finally rid of Westwood.

Amazing. We're one of the biggest clubs in the country, a good manager, a potentially great owner and that is what you want.

Keep thinking small mate.

• Like 1

Just now, DK82 said:

Amazing. We're one of the biggest clubs in the country, a good manager, a potentially great owner and that is what you want.

Keep thinking small mate.

It's ok. Tiny things please tiny minds and with a thing this tiny I'd be hard pressed to please anything ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

Also I'm well gutted that my amazing witticism relating to the length of the contract Westwood is on seems to have been lost along the way. :(

4 year extensions all round!!!!

Hahaha :):) Gardner got one a few months ago

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

and Westwood a 5 year one last summer IIRC ;)

August 2015 he signed a new 5 year contract, according to wiki you were right VILLAMARV. I still think he can be a good player for this football in both the long and short term

12 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

So basically be West Brom? I'd like to think we'll be in a slightly better position than those filthy animals!

I just want to see us get promoted and see what the good Doctors real intentions are.

If we get promoted I think the doc will go for it big time...

• Like 2

Â