limpid

Match Polls  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Fowlersrs said:

And Paul mcgrath thinks we don't need any signings in Jan? I'm lost on that one.

Think he has been on the beer!!

This result shows exactly where we are at!  There is no creativity in this "team" whatsoever and even worse no one to put the ball in the net.  For me all the strikers Bruce goes on about are utter crap except Kodgja!  Think about where we would be if he had not been signed?  Scratching about at the bottom!  Whoever gave Gardner a new four year contract needs a brain check!!!  Villa have not had a midfield worthy of its name since God knows when and Westwood is bloody hopeless as is Bacuna!  McCormack looks like his best days have passed him by!  Agbonlahor is another has been!  Hutton is workmanlike nothing more, he runs a lot and naff all else!  Amavi needs to be used a winger as he a mistake waiting to happen as a defender, Ayew lacks any consistency be it good or bad, Jedinak is just a lump and should retire his ball control and passing is woeful at best!  That leaves Grealish who needs someone to protect him from the thugs and to give more time on the ball.  Chester and Baker are fine but must be very frustrated at the ball coming back to them and having no midfield in front of them and Bunn is average Chamionship fodder!  Adomah must also be so frustrated and wonder why he bothers!  There that about sums them up!!  

• Like 2

Play Gardner alongside Westwood and you have no chance even at this level

tish must now start games and also we need quality In mIDFIELD

Bruce again picked the wrong team and paid for it .

we are approaching the point where we need several wins to

keep alive our hopes - cannot keep dropping points and

conceding soft goals from corners

- bunn is also a liability .

poor start to year :( 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tbf I was just going by what their fans were saying. They expected a crowd close to 30k. 

Haha. Were they? Why? Cardiff is a tinpot town populated by Liverpool and Manchester United glory hunters, with a smattering of egg chasing anti-English dimwits. Not many 'bluebirds' in this village.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

i was present at the game.

first half we didnt tumn up , adohma was poor except for one flashy run.

bacuna was out of it playing wide.

cardiffs goal was a scrappy mess , but they outplayed us and should have had 3 goals.

gardner and westwood are like frightened rabbits , much too lightweight.

second half we were much better with bacuna and tsibola in midfield and the game came to life!.

agbonlahor made a diiference and we had a lot more play , he was unlucky not to score thanks to their goalie , who also stopped a very good mccormack freekick , sadly mccormack acheived nothin in spite of trying hard.

tisolba looks like a real deal to me , and bruce must play him , we have no chance with gardner and wesytwood togethor.

without grealish we would not have got near goal .

we had some chances both bacuna and westwood blazed over from good positions.

cardiff deserved to win and bruce must get the best team selected . 

i think the ref has a few things to answer for , should have asserted authrity ealier , must have been 8/9 yellow cards . 

• Like 1

Shocking -

According to popular stats site WhoScored, Tshibola had 47 touches

during the second-half while the two men who made way in the

heart of the midfield, Westwood and Gardner, had a combined nine

touches of the ball.

READ MORE

Westwood made two passes in the 45 minutes he was on the field,

whereas Gardner only made four - completing three of them.

Villa have been consistently linked with Conor Hourihane,

who would be available on the cheap with his Barnsley contract

expiring at the end of the season.

Edited by Eastie

51 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Probably something to do with 3 and half thousand of us in the corner. 

the villa corner was chocabloc , they made more noise than the cardiff fans , where i was sitting.

but they wer poorly rewarded in the first half , when we lost the game .

A decent test today - a poor Championship side in transition, and a stadium less than half full (of home fans). We flunked, and we looked as poor as any display you may have had the misfortune to see:

No fight, no system, no movement, no talent, no resolve. The team created very, very little. They offered nothing.

For £50m spent, it is pretty embarrassing. We looked TERRIBLE in the middle, really, really terrible. Our forward play was non existent, didn't offer a target, threat, movement, nothing at all. We have spent £50m on squad fillers not first teamers, with the possible exception of Chester, Amavi, Jedinak and Kodjia, who really are at a standard where they can be relied upon for a starting position (mainly).

Whilst I am usually optimistic, I really cannot see Bruce turning this around unless he makes some spectacular signings in the next week and gets them working as a highly polished machine within two weeks. The parallel problem is our competition is also playing well and winning.

Pretty depressing, reality bites.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Honest interview from Bruce - appreciate his honesty and he admitted he also picked the wrong team - Gardner and westwood did themselves no favours at all today 

How many times recently has this happened though? I am a big fan of him, and think he has done a decent job since he came in, but I am getting a little fed up with poor selections and having to bollock the players at half time to get a performance out of them. He clearly isn't getting them match ready as we start games so slowly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

How do you counter it if the ref isn't doing anything about it? How is Grealish meant to be avoid being wiped out off the ball 2/3 times if the ref isn't pulling Cardiff up for it?

Actually, as a retired referee and referee assessor.  I have actually taught some coaches and teams how to manage the referee into calling the game you want called.  It can be done.

Just had a quick browse on their forum. They are full of praise for warnock and their team today. They also have no sympathy for grealish and didn't think he got treated unfairly but obviously they would say that. Regardless whether he got treated unfairly or not we should of had enough to beat this pile of shit. We just can't battle like Cardiff did.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Honest interview from Bruce - appreciate his honesty and he admitted he also picked the wrong team - Gardner and westwood did themselves no favours at all today 

He has started with the wrong team a few times now, and left us with too much to do later in the game.

Honesty is all very well, but he really needs to get his act together. I would appreciate that more than honesty.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Shocking -

According to popular stats site WhoScored, Tshibola had 47 touches

during the second-half while the two men who made way in the

heart of the midfield, Westwood and Gardner, had a combined nine

touches of the ball.

READ MORE

Westwood made two passes in the 45 minutes he was on the field,

whereas Gardner only made four - completing three of them.

Villa have been consistently linked with Conor Hourihane,

who would be available on the cheap with his Barnsley contract

expiring at the end of the season.

The author of this clearly just doesn't understand football. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll have a productive January and we won't see this pair of clowns in the starting lineup again.

Â