Match Polls  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

As opposed to who else in that side ?

I'm not sure how to answer that. My knowing an appropriate replacement does nothing to validate the point. Or indeed to invalidate it. 

The fact is, Ross McCormack was bloody awful. Yet again.

Edited by One For The Road

20 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Any news on our lot apparently lobbing stuff into their family stand and generally causing trouble.

I was right next to the Cardiff fans behind the goal, which is the family stand, and I didn't see anything other than banter back and forth.

10 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Bit sick isn't it?

Weren't you sickened by similar posts re Westwood?

Point scoring, yawn.

Your point doesn't even make sense. Total false equivalence. Hoping one of your own players breaks his leg because you don't like him is much different to what I said because they all kicked our players all game.

You know that though. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

A forgettable defeat at a nondescript new stadium. That has happened a fair few times in recent years. The first half was the worst 45 yet served up by Bruce. They looked flat, unorganised and quite frankly a better side than Cardiff would have hammered us. Lucky to be only a goal down. The second half was better and perhaps on another day we could have nicked a point but we did not deserve to win that one for sure. Cardiff under Warnock are a awful side to watch- fully of niggly fouls. Burton are fair better footballing side- it would be a travesty for football if Cardiff stay up and Burton go down.

Gardner and Westwood 'performance' in the first half reminded me of one of my favourite tv shows in that the both of them could not outwit a used tea bag. Useless. I tipped McCormack to have  big game today and he did nothing. It is a tad concerning that even flabby looked more perky in the second half than Ross. Has he finished 90 minutes for us yet? I would get Gollini back in. Bunn should not have given that corner away which eventually led to the goal. Gollini has potential to be a good goalkepper- Bunn is just a very average back up keeper.  

Overall there is a lot of work to be done as it was clear today that at present this is a mid table championship side. We lack goals and consistency.  We are more solid under Bruce but the downside is that we are creating far less chances than under RDM and it is hard going to watch when it is not going our way. We  are doing well to be mid table with just 2 away wins all season in all honesty.  I would write us off just yet. Our home form is excellent but I think we need at least 2 quality signings this month to get even close to a play off spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

I'm not sure how to answer that. My knowing an appropriate replacement does nothing to validate the point. Or indeed to invalidate it. 

The fact is, Ross McCormack was bloody awful. Yet again.

In fairness what service did we give him to feed off today?  Nil. As others have said until the midfield is properly addressed players like Ross are a total waste

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

In fairness what service did we give him to feed off today?  Nil. As others have said until the midfield is properly addressed players like Ross are a total waste

He hid behind the Cardiff defence at times and I thought his (lack of) movement was atrocious.

On a separate note, wtf is he doing on the back post at DEFENSIVE corners? He was stood into the exact spot the ball went in for their goal but moved off the post as the ball was cleared, leaving a gap for them to score.

Edited by One For The Road

Was at the game today, and that is as bad as I've seen us play under Bruce.

Cardiff are not a particularly good side, but they are organised and every player knew what they were supposed to be doing. I don't know whether our players got bullied into not being able to execute our gameplan, or whether hopeful balls over the top to McCormack (who was useless again) really was an intended tactical move?

A few things about Steve Bruce's selections are starting to worry me, not least dropping Gollini in place of Bunn, and when I saw the team this afternoon I just couldn't see goals in our team. I fear this could be a long January for us.

• Like 1

If you start Westwood and Gardner, you ain't gonna win many football matches in this division. 

Unfortunately, with the midfield options we have at our disposal, 10th/12th is as good as it's going to get. 

Desperately need new signings if our aim is playoffs. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Point scoring, yawn.

Your point doesn't even make sense. Total false equivalence. Hoping one of your own players breaks his leg because you don't like him is much different to what I said because they all kicked our players all game.

You know that though. 

Either way wishing players to get broken legs is wrong even if they was fouling our players all game. 

We have a poor midfield it's killing us it has done so for 5 years it needs sorting in Jan ,we prob need 3 players in this transfer window to make a serious go off getting promoted .As regards Grealish I wasn't at the game today and fair enough if he was fouled off the ball but regardless of this he has been a major dissappointment for me he should be tearing this league up this is the English 2nd division ,he is the player that we all thought could be a future international in reality he is lucky to be starting in a Villa side crying out for creativity ,other than a late goal and s few cameo appearances off the bench he has been poor ,expected him to really Kickstart his career this season but sadly he hadn't kicked on at all .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Point scoring, yawn.

You know that though. 

Wishing a broken leg on anyone is pretty low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Wishing a broken leg on anyone is pretty low.

It is low I agree. In Stefan's defence I guess sometimes people are guilty of spouting words with emotion and sometimes misplaced passion. I'm guilty of it too at times on the Holte End. I'll shout 'Come on Villa... b*gger 'em...' - not that I would ever wish to see Jedinak or Chester pull down their pants and commit a sex act on the pitch.

I really do hope someone punches Warnock on the nose though... And that's a day after the game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

It is low I agree. In Stefan's defence I guess sometimes people are guilty of spouting words with emotion and sometimes misplaced passion. I'm guilty of it too at times on the Holte End. I'll shout 'Come on Villa... b*gger 'em...' - not that I would ever wish to see Jedinak or Chester pull down their pants and commit a sex act on the pitch.

I really do hope someone punches Warnock on the nose though... And that's a day after the game.

nice try Raver but I think they're having a lovers tiff ;)

• Like 1

The whole post was obviously over the top post-game. However, if a team want to attempt to kick and injure our player, then they deserve everything they get.

It's a shame that some had to point score instead of comment on the game and make some odd comparison about how wishing your own player broke their leg is the same, but hey ho. Each to their own.

Interesting how said poster didn't pick up my comment on Warnock and call me out on that as well. Surely if my post was so awful, then the entire post would have been pulled up. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Cardiff City viewpoint video, shot from the goal end. Conclusions drawn:-

Our defence is a mess. Alot of half hearted marking and ball watching.

Our attack is a mess. No plan of attack. Nobody knows where they should be. Too much hesitation.

Throughout the season so far, the only players that seem to work together are Chester and Baker, otherwise there is no evidence of any form of a team within this rabble.

Cardiff City fans are, without a doubt, feral pigs.

• Like 2

Â