Ratings and Reactions: Cardiff v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Bottom line is that teams lose games, you can't over analyse every performance and take it as a representation of the season/team as a whole.

The team needs improvement, no doubt. I think we can all see where and I'm sure it will be addressed.

You have to accept that we are not going up this season and we are still a work in progress. Just enjoy the wins as they come and the only unbeaten home record. People fixating on going up being the only measure of success this season are going to be very disappointed imo, there are other positives to find at the moment.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't get the goal.

It just rolled in at a snail's pace while everyone watched it go in.

I'm still confused now.

Come on , you should be well acclimatised to these incidents . It really is , as far as the Villa are concerned , par for the course .

On 1/2/2017 at 17:05, pacbuddies said:

While our rivals pull away (and actually manage to score goals) we lose our top striker to ACON and sell another to a PL team and have to rely on useless lumps like Gabby to come on as sub to achieve a result. Cardiff are no great shakes and not being able to at least look capable of winning is a disgrace. Roll on another season in the fizzy pop league.

If we don't know what we are all about.....Neil Warnock does.

He did a job on us and .......the rest is history.

If we can't see our problems everyone else can.....to play Westwood and Gardner together.....2 of the tea lady's would have been better.

as soon as I saw that, I wrote the game off....I could almost recite what Warnock was saying in the dressing room before the game.....its too obvious for words.

not sure what Steve's plan was with that.....I think he is too intelligent not to know what Warnock was thinking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Bottom line is that teams lose games, you can't over analyse every performance and take it as a representation of the season/team as a whole.

The team needs improvement, no doubt. I think we can all see where and I'm sure it will be addressed.

You have to accept that we are not going up this season and we are still a work in progress. Just enjoy the wins as they come and the only unbeaten home record. People fixating on going up being the only measure of success this season are going to be very disappointed imo, there are other positives to find at the moment.

Bang on the money

On 03/01/2017 at 13:02, StefanAVFC said:

I don't get the goal.

It just rolled in at a snail's pace while everyone watched it go in.

I'm still confused now.

both baker and mccormack were a yard from that slow moving ball - i can only think they both thought the other would get it , or that it was going wide .

a really very silly goal , which as it turned out cost us a point .

but in any case we need 3 points to progress up the table.

and cardiff were streets ahead of us anyway .

On 02/01/2017 at 20:34, One For The Road said:

I was right next to the Cardiff fans behind the goal, which is the family stand, and I didn't see anything other than banter back and forth.

i was with the cardiff fans , and they were fine.

On 03/01/2017 at 08:10, Raver50032 said:

It is low I agree. In Stefan's defence I guess sometimes people are guilty of spouting words with emotion and sometimes misplaced passion. I'm guilty of it too at times on the Holte End. I'll shout 'Come on Villa... b*gger 'em...' - not that I would ever wish to see Jedinak or Chester pull down their pants and commit a sex act on the pitch.

I really do hope someone punches Warnock on the nose though... And that's a day after the game.

there is absolutely no excuse for that breaking legs kind of talk .

Edited by jackdaww
clarification

On 02/01/2017 at 17:54, One For The Road said:

Haha. Were they? Why? Cardiff is a tinpot town populated by Liverpool and Manchester United glory hunters, with a smattering of egg chasing anti-English dimwits. Not many 'bluebirds' in this village.

i worked in cardiff one year , its a CITY with some great features and fine people.

On 02/01/2017 at 17:02, TRO said:

This squad needs more than tinkering with.

we have been relying on individual players to bail us out, for too long.

its always the same players that are doing it.

westwood & Gardner are no longer debatable.....it should be clear to all and sundry.

unless we are happy to stay where we are.

bruces selection was all wrong , which he has effectively admitted .

in the second half , with bacuna and tishoba in central midfield , we were different .

as we cant play football , a target man is needed , agbonlahor was a big improvement but not enough , he is better out wide.

adohma didnt turn up first half , he was lucky to stay on .

tishoba should start every game , he is strong and confident , made mistakes but will improve with time .

i would even consider playing someone like elphick up front , at least he would occupy the opposition CB.s ,  it sometimes works , and we are desperate.

23 minutes ago, jackdaww said:

bruces selection was all wrong , which he has effectively admitted .

in the second half , with bacuna and tishoba in central midfield , we were different .

as we cant play football , a target man is needed , agbonlahor was a big improvement but not enough , he is better out wide.

adohma didnt turn up first half , he was lucky to stay on .

tishoba should start every game , he is strong and confident , made mistakes but will improve with time .

i would even consider playing someone like elphick up front , at least he would occupy the opposition CB.s ,  it sometimes works , and we are desperate.

I think he wanted to see something for himself in first team action.....I think he was a tad unsure and wanted convincing.

But yes you are right, it was a big mistake.

I can see your point about Elphick, you do need to negate the threat of the 2CB's otherwise they creep in to midfield and swamp you.

but we have just dispensed with 6' 4" Centre forward to do what you suggest.

We have a lot of surgery to complete IMV.....I just hope we have a bit of balance when its complete.

• Like 1

Not an excuse for the way we played first half but the rest Cardiff had due to a postponement definitely help them. Warnock has always been a tosser and always will be, the only time I've backed one of his teams was Sheff Ute when West Ham cheated to send them down.

Â