Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Burton

limpid

Match Polls  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

i didnt see it , very good to win , sounds as if it could have gone either way .

we are playing like a mid table team - in the championship.

we have to improve , or get some better players , to have any chance of going up.

Ok so my prediction was quite a wide one: that we might not score or, and here I had a bit of faith, that we'd score one or two. Well, I was right... we didn't score 3 or more, we're just not that good. Burton dominated both halves and deserved to win, very harsh on them. In some games we're not bad or even quite good but today it was poor again, a return to the Norwich game, sigh : ( When have we scored more than three in a league game this season? We haven't. And now that's exactly half way through. Well, thankfully

we just about sneaked another win anyway ! :)

Edited by robby b

walking back

no one could pass to a villa shirt, we just hoofed to Kodjia, Chester was good, gabby came on and almost cost us a goal and Bunn made a worldie to confirm the 3 points.

3 points are 3 points.

onwards and upwards

• Like 1

Another 3 points collected. 

I'm sure everyone would love performances and score lines that make us look like man utd in their prime. 

It's not happening and we are getting the wins.

Winning becomes a habit, a habit which we are picking up.

We've suffered enough with the losing habit we've had for 1 or 2 years at least. Let's embrace the new found winning habit we now have.

• Like 1

It's said that the mark of a good team is one that can still win when not playing well.

It's another 3 points. It's another win at our place. This season, we're unbeaten at home. Only team in the Football League to be able to say that. We're making Villa Park a fortress.

They always find a way to get the job done. This is a good team we've got.

• Like 1

On the way back.  Amavi was awful today worse than Hutton who was not much better.  Surprised with Burton thought they used the width of the pitch miles better than us.  Baker was my pick  for man of the match.  Sounds negative i am happy with the 3 points but we will get battered by Leeds and Spurs if we play like that.

Edited by S-Platt
  • Like 1

Good the keep building fortress villa park.  Good to bag 3 points.  Good to move up the table and close in on the top 6.

It would be nice to be playing well and scoring freely as well, but I'm not going to complain that that's missing at the moment.  It been too long we haven't had any wins.  We can add the cherry on top when we're safe in the mid table of the premier league. 

26 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

On the way back.  Amavi was awful today worse than Hutton who was not much better.  Surprised with Burton thought they used the width of the pitch miles better than us.  Baker was my pick  for man of the match.  Sounds negative i am happy with the 3 points but we will get battered by Leeds and Spurs if we play like that.

pleased to hear baker was good again , and bunn by the sound of it .

if we can keep goals against down - we may just scrape through .

• Like 1

Â