Gareth Southgate

Richard

16 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Phillips is a ridiculous pick, he's played less than one game this season. Wilson is in decent form and should go, but why not pick him sooner? He hasnt played in 2 or 3 years - why waste time on picking Toney and Abraham to not take them at the end of it if his head is going to be turned by a guy in form?

3 right backs plus a central defender who's been playing right back for his club, but just 1 left back 👍

Guy is an absolute fraud, hope they lose every game without scoring 

Spot on.

Us going out early would make me so happy. To see that fraud (Southgate) fail would be wonderful. 

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Gareth Southgate on Tammy Abraham not getting in: "Tammy has had a poor run of scoring form at the wrong time.

"It is not a case where we are three or four weeks away from the first match, we are now 10 days, so form could be more important.

"We are watching their club form but we don't know where they are until we see them face to face."

This bloke is an utter clown. What kind of form are Phillips and Maguire in?

Such a rocket polisher.

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Gareth Southgate on Tammy Abraham not getting in: "Tammy has had a poor run of scoring form at the wrong time.

"It is not a case where we are three or four weeks away from the first match, we are now 10 days, so form could be more important.

"We are watching their club form but we don't know where they are until we see them face to face."

I hate him so much. After this I hope he never gets a job in football. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Southgate had the balls to say young players “didn’t do enough” to get selected above older squad members. What a total word removed. 

I don't think he's wrong though

Quietly the u21s aren't that special, Gallagher has stepped up and I think in the next cycle post Henderson that elliot and Ramsey will get a sniff (no doubt Liverpools Jones too) but after that I don't see any of them stepping up, it's not a great group

Also tbf to Southgate (!) it's easy to say such and such shouldn't be there but the list of names that were unlucky to miss out isn't long, I'd say Ramsey, Tammy, JWP, tomori and Ty should have had a shout but its not like they're world beaters

Again quietly the first team aren't that special either at this point, there's some real glaring weaknesses in the team let alone the squad

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yep but we could on and on couldn’t we with the likes of Maguire, Phillips, Walker, TAA, Gallagher, and Grealish even. Lots out of form but they somehow manage to get in?

He’s a total hypocrite and can’t see him lasting beyond this tournament.

Edited by ferguson1

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Obviously Tammy, Tomori, ToOney and Mings didn't look him in the eye, the utter prick.

5 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Fyi: Confused at Southgate, not you. 

I am still waiting for a proper journalist to call out his contradictions. He makes them all the time.

• Like 1

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

Spot on.

Us going out early would make me so happy. To see that fraud (Southgate) fail would be wonderful. 

It's kind of sad, but I kind of agree. It really is difficult to get up for this England team and that's all down to the manager.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I hope we lose and Maguire scores 8 own goals against Iran. Hopefully that will be the end of muppet cocknose.

and before people start whining “you can’t want your country to lose” I want them to lose so hopefully we gets a manager who can 1. Coach and get the best out of this very talented attacking squad and 2. Picks players who are actually playing for their clubs.

Don't recall having one of those since I started watching England in 96. I imagine the muppetry will continue after Southgate.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

Can’t believe Mings isn’t in the squad. In decent form for Villa but has always been excellent for England.

Maguire, Dier and Phillips make it in. 

He deserves to feel the wrath of the country if/when they completely stink the place out.

Maguire is probably the most out of form player in the league. His confidence is shot to bits. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think he's wrong though

Quietly the u21s aren't that special, Gallagher has stepped up and I think in the next cycle post Henderson that elliot and Ramsey will get a sniff (no doubt Liverpools Jones too) but after that I don't see any of them stepping up, it's not a great group

Also tbf to Southgate (!) it's easy to say such and such shouldn't be there but the list of names that were unlucky to miss out isn't long, I'd say Ramsey, Tammy, JWP, tomori and Ty should have had a shout but its not like they're world beaters

Again quietly the first team aren't that special either at this point, there's some real glaring weaknesses in the team let alone the squad

I agree with this to be honest 

I’m happy with the team, just surprised about Gallagher. 

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

But not Maguire?

But that's the problem, easy to say maguire shouldn't be there (he shouldn't...) but are mings, tomori or guehi really screaming from the rooftops that they should be?

England are not as strong right now as they're made out to be, as always

• Like 2

Â