The retro gaming thread!

BOF

Got my replacement Codemasters one today after a fair bit of chasing,  I'd almost resigned myself to not getting one as Funstock (which seems have the most Evercade gear) was showing as out of stock, I am pleased to report that the Sensi ROM works.

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Got two more Evercade packs arriving today but can’t get the Codemasters one I want

Fancy one with a non-working Sensi ROM? 😁

Just a note that some of the carts will be going out of licence over the next few months, which essentially means there won't be any more of them being made so now might be the time the pull the trigger.  From memory, it's the two Namco Collections, Technos Collection #1 and the Oliver Twins Collection.

31 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Got my replacement Codemasters one today after a fair bit of chasing,  I'd almost resigned myself to not getting one as Funstock (which seems have the most Evercade gear) was showing as out of stock, I am pleased to report that the Sensi ROM works.

Fancy one with a non-working Sensi ROM? 😁

Just a note that some of the carts will be going out of licence over the next few months, which essentially means there won't be any more of them being made so now might be the time the pull the trigger.  From memory, it's the two Namco Collections, Technos Collection #1 and the Oliver Twins Collection.

Aha! I’ve been buying as many as possible so need to get on that. What’s the issue with your old cartridge? Is that an issue on other cartridges with Roms failing?

24 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Aha! I’ve been buying as many as possible so need to get on that. What’s the issue with your old cartridge? Is that an issue on other cartridges with Roms failing?

So it's just the Sensi ROM (ever other ROM on the cart works fine, and there's no other carts that I know of that have had an issue though) which doesn't boot; apparently it's just shite luck with a batch of bad carts.

Seems like maybe Super Skidmarks from the same cart might also be affected, but that works fine on both my new good and old faulty cart.

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

So it's just the Sensi ROM (ever other ROM on the cart works fine, and there's no other carts that I know of that have had an issue though) which doesn't boot; apparently it's just shite luck with a batch of bad carts.

Seems like maybe Super Skidmarks from the same cart might also be affected, but that works fine on both my new good and old faulty cart.

Would you sell it? How much for? 

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Just scored a 35 yard screamer following a throw-in routine down the right with Garry Parker. 🤣

STILL BLOODY GOT IT, BABY.

Hahaha 😂 I can’t wait to get my hands on Sensible Soccer!

18 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Would you sell it? How much for? 

Absolutely, £5 and postage (which I can't imagine will be much) work for you?  Again, Sensi isn't working but all the other ROMs are fine, at least they'll hopefully tide you over until more places get a re-stock of the Codemasters carts.  Shoot me a PM if you'd like.

People have started to discover some of the hidden games/secrets in the VS.  Some of them are built into the console and are accessed via secret code, some are accessed via pressing certain button combos on the main screen and some are accessed by putting a specific combination of carts in both slots.

You can stick your PS5's and whatnot, I bloody love this thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Goldeneye is, somehow, at last, getting re-released. Details leaked a couple of months ago and now an ex Rare guy has tweeted about as close a confirmation that a release is coming very shortly as possible without just saying it.

• Like 2

On 04/02/2022 at 21:27, Chindie said:

Looks like Goldeneye is, somehow, at last, getting re-released. Details leaked a couple of months ago and now an ex Rare guy has tweeted about as close a confirmation that a release is coming very shortly as possible without just saying it.

Do you have a link to that tweet?

This would be epic !

Two Age of Empires 2 players just finished a 60+ hour match (97 in game hours). They ran out of resources and decided to stay on until one of them quit or was disconnected.

Rubenstock, one of the players, is best known for perfecting a strategy of deleting the initial Town Centre and then building a new one next to your opponent's base so he's always fun to watch.

• Shocked 2

• 3 weeks later...

Not really retro but still, I discovered today that there is/was a PS3 HD remaster of the original PS2 Killzone game. Never knew it even existed. Was very happy to add it to the collection. Love finding little nuggets of gaming joy like that. 

Edited by Ingram85

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working my way through some retro games recently and curious if anyone knows a strategy game (like Civilization etc) but based around the UK and it's development? 

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I've been working my way through some retro games recently and curious if anyone knows a strategy game (like Civilization etc) but based around the UK and it's development? 

"Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun" comes to mind, but most games like it evolve around  Europe rather than the UK

Maybe "Crusader Kings" and "Knights of Honor" ?

Edited by Tegis
  • Thanks 1

Â