The retro gaming thread!

BOF

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah ill be getting this definitely 

It has some realky kool features on it

Got my copy today, it's so good. The extra features are amazing, I've never seen so much content in a compilation before. Full strategy guides, magazine excerpts, cartoon clips, commercials. It's ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Got my copy today, it's so good. The extra features are amazing, I've never seen so much content in a compilation before. Full strategy guides, magazine excerpts, cartoon clips, commercials. It's ridiculous.

Sold!

Ordered

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chindie said:

It happened, finally.

Also confirmed for Switch.

Disappointingly seems to be just an up-res and stability upgrade port with online chucked in.

Ha, it's worse than the 360 remaster that's already leaked a couple of years ago and it had online play IIRC. 

What a wasted opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

It happened, finally.

Also confirmed for Switch.

Disappointingly seems to be just an up-res and stability upgrade port with online chucked in.

From what I can tell the Switch has it included in its N64 subscription. I believe it has online play so functionally it should be the same as this release. It just isn't a standalone game.

It actually appears the Switch is the only version with online.

The XBLA remake that never officially released is a far, far, far better product than this. This is really, really half arsed. Suspect Nintendo might have nixxed the remake.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It actually appears the Switch is the only version with online.

The XBLA remake that never officially released is a far, far, far better product than this. This is really, really half arsed. Suspect Nintendo might have nixxed the remake.

It's actually annoyed me, I would have played the shit out of the 'better version' 

You might as well just play it on an emulator. 

• Like 1

The Retroid Pocket 3 is a lovely machine, but very much not pick up and play, out of the box. There's a decent amount of messing about to get it ready to use and even then I'm struggling on multiple fronts to get it to a point it really feels playable.

I had no idea there was a 3D remake of Castle of Illusion on 360/PS3. Having some fun with it. Not as good the original one but it’s still decent. Mad how I never knew this existed. 

Also, Hydro Thunder Hurricane on 360, awesome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

I... finally own a Steel Battalion controller. 😭

I don't have the requisite console, but still!

**** me that takes me back. I was with a friend once after he had bought one from CEX in b’ham city centre. It took up half the bus on the way home! People must have thought wtf. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I... finally own a Steel Battalion controller. 😭

I don't have the requisite console, but still!

all you need now is a 3000 sq ft extension on your house to fit it in. 

• Haha 1

Oh, I've got crazy plans for it.  Well, crazy is an exaggeration, but said plans will require me attaining a level of competency at woodworking in the coming years.  Wanna turn an old cupboard into a mech cockpit frame, stick one of those gaming chairs with built in speakers in there, mount a TV, Xbox and the controllers inside... truly, it would be my almond magnum opus.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Oh, I've got crazy plans for it.  Well, crazy is an exaggeration, but said plans will require me attaining a level of competency at woodworking in the coming years.  Wanna turn an old cupboard into a mech cockpit frame, stick one of those gaming chairs with built in speakers in there, mount a TV, Xbox and the controllers inside... truly, it would be my almond magnum opus.

Good luck, I started a 'Build your own Arcade' machine 21 years ago. 

• Like 1

Â